Monday, September 20, 2010

Etsy Inspired Challenge #106 {Pegasus Maiden}

Hi! 


This is my first entry in the  EtsyInspired Challenge!  The last few weeks have been hectic, and I feel extremely lucky to have been able to put something together for the challenge. The shop to check out this week is the Pegasus Maiden's. I can almost guarantee that you will find inspiration there.


I have been forced to move around quite a bit as a military spouse. As time goes by, I have come to realize how incredibly lucky I was growing up. I grew up in a secluded, rural, Central Florida setting surrounded by Sabal Palms and Live Oak trees, yet it was a short drive to one of the most beautiful stretches of beach on Florida's east coast. 


I have wonderful childhood memories of butterflies fluttering above the tall grass in the fields which surrounded our home. As a little girl I loved to chase those butterflies, catching them for a brief time then watching them fly away after releasing them . I guess that it's no surprise that I often find myself incorporating butterflies into my cards.


So, for your enjoyment,  here is my card for the challenge! 




Thanks for stopping by! So happy to be playing they have an awesome sponsor this week which is Schlosser Designs.  I love love love their products!!!! Have a good week!
Hugs and Blessings!
~Tammy~

10 comments:

Michele Gross said...

So pretty! I love butterflies too :) Great take on the inspiration photo!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Wow, that butterfly die cut is gorgeous! Nice CAS layout, too.

de said...

Gorgeous! Love the butterfly inspiration!

Thanks for playing EtsyInspsired this week!

Ashley Newell said...

What a pretty card! I love the layout and the sentiment! I'm really glad you got to play along with the EtsyInspired challenge this week! The enthusiasm in your post really warms my heart and reminds me why I made this challenge. Thank you!

Queenie said...

Well, I am soooo very happy that you designed such a lively card for Etsy Inspired! Your enthusiasm is very enduring and your design is super amazing! Hope to see you again in the next challenge. Thanks for playing EIC!

Virginia L. said...

Absolutely FABULOUS, Tammy! I love your design and so glad that you submitted! Thanks for playing with us at Etsy Inspired Challenge!

Courtney Baker said...

Oh so pretty love the butterfly!

Ayana Posadas said...

Tammy, this card is so pretty! I am usually always drawn to butterflies too. They are so pretty and work perfect on cards. I love your design. Very nicely done! :)

B said...

So pretty! Love the butterflies on your card! You were actually able to catch butterflies as a kid? Wow! I think I just tended to scare them away! Haha!

SmilynStef said...

What a gorgeous butterfly ... love that sentiment too.