Friday, May 27, 2011

With Deepest Sympathy

Hi There!

Sympathy cards are not my favorite to make.  Unfortunately, I actually needed to make this card for someone. L

I used the Hero Arts Peacock cling stamp.  I added some rhinestones to the peacock's tail.  The sentiment is from Stampendous. A length of seam binding, was added horizontal to the card and finished off in a bow.  The sentiment panel was placed on top and then I added a button and twine to the center of the bow to complete this card. 
I used Lily Pad Cards Sketch for my layout.  
That's it for me, I hope you have a great start to your Memorial Day weekend. Let us remember those who have served for our right to freedom and also use this as a time to reflect and remember those loved ones who have passed away. 
Have a good night!
{Recipe}
Stamps:  Hero Arts, Stampendous  
Paper: Stampin'  UP!, 
Ink:  PTI
Other: Seam binding Twine, Button, Rhinestones, corner rounder

12 comments:

Colleen Dietrich said...

It's true, sympathy cards are no fun to make. I think the light blue you chose is very softly appropriate for this occasion, and I love the script font on the sentiment. Have a wonderful weekend!

Theresa said...

Tammy, your card is beautiful. I think the image and the blue is wonderful. I'm sorry for your loss.

Tracey said...

Beautiful card........the soft colouring is perfect for a sympathy card. I love the crinkle ribbon too.

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Really beauiful, elegant card.
Caroline xxx

Brandi said...

Tammy,
What a beautiful image. I hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend!
Brandi

Debbie Corbari said...

This is a beautiful card Tammy...I'm so sorry for your loss!

Unknown said...

Love your soft and elegant card! Sorry for your loss. ;(

Jessi Fogan said...

Sympathy cards are so hard to make - I always appreciate when folks take the time to share the ones they've created. This is a gorgeous piece of artwork, with the perfect amount of detail for the occasion. The colour is just lovely :)

Karen B. said...

Tammy, this is just absolutely beautiful. I agree that these types of cards are hard to make, but someone will surely find a smile after seeing this amazing creation.

Kate said...

This is such a lovely card, Tammy. I'm so sorry that you had to make it but it's just perfect for a sympathy card.
I hope you had a wonderful weekend!

Lin said...

Sympathy cards are so difficult, but your soft colors and lovely image and sentiment font make a beautiful one! Great take on Lucy's sketch, too - thanks for playing with us at Lily Pad Cards, Tammy!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Beautiful card, sorry it's for a sad occasion.