Thursday, August 11, 2011

Thank You for Your Kindness

Hi there!


The wonderful thing about challenges is they spark your creativity! Karen Baker has started a challenge...just for fun...and just to inspire! It's called Carbon Copied.  She and one other artist will use the same stamp set and the same challenge. What a fabulous and unique idea! Her first challenge blog is JayGee's Nook and using the Papertrey Ink Iconic Images.  I thought I would play along too.

Here is the inspiration photo at JayGee's Nook
I am also adding this to Scrapmaster's Paradise: I love Being Purple Challenge and Jules Crafty Snippet Challenge.

I used three different stamps sets and snippets from my craft box to create this Thank You card. The off white paper actually has the look of linen. I believe it is from a paper stack from DCWV. My lavender panel was created by background stamping Mehndi Medallions from Wplus9 then I used a border punch for a little decorative trim. Next I used Hero Arts Old French Writing, the sentiment and cameo focal image are from Papertrey Ink's Iconic Images. I love the distressed images in this set. I added some ribbon and button embellishments, and finishing off with a little fancy flourish by Jolee's Boutique. I forgot to mention that I added some white craft ink to the edges for a softer look!

Thanks for taking a part of your day and visiting with me! I must stop playing and get back to work.
~Tammy~

27 comments:

Karen B. said...

Tammy, this is just so very beautiful! I love the mix of stamps, and the flourish down on the bottom? Swoon worthy! So glad that you signed up to play!

Jules said...

Hi Tammy

What a beautiful way to use up your snippets.

I love your variety of stamps and those gorgeous buttons.

A great finished look.

Thank you for sharing your snippet make again this week.

Love Jules xx

Jocelyn Olson said...

Oooooooh! So pretty,Tammy! I love all the texture on the card and how you layered the panels. Gorgeous colors!! And your mix of buttons--wowsers, girl!

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

What a mix!!! All those stamps look fab-u-lous together and then you go and add buttons - wonderful!

Nanette said...

Beautiful...everything blends together so well!

kasia c. said...

Gorgeous!! I love the purple with grey. All of the fabulous layers, the silhouette, the script, the rows of buttons. LOVE it!! :)

Jay Gee said...

Lovely card Tammy... that flourish is gorgeous! Love the row of buttons too, they are so great for adding texture and interest. Thanks so much for joining us again at Jay Gee's :)

Jay Gee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andria said...

Lovely card, unusual but pretty stamp and the buttons are a [erfect touch!.

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Tammy, this is such a pretty card, I love the button embellishments you've used.
Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz

Annette Allen said...

wow beautiful card.. Love all the buttons and that background stamp is awesome..

Amy Kolling said...

I love how you've used the silhouette stamp from this set! We bleed purple in our house (huge K-State fans) so I LOVE the color!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Purple is my faaave color! I love all the circles you incorporated here, Tammy: the image matted on two of 'em, the buttons, and those precious doily stamps. Very pretty!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Tammy, this is is just gorgeous! I am loving the buttons, layout, and the elegant sentiment. So happy you linked up for the SP and Co I Love Being Purple challenge. Good luck!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

I love that you joined karen's challenge, this.is a great mix of elements, my fav are the buttons.

Pauline said...

Oh wow Tammy, this is pure elegance and perfection!! I love the fabulous doily stamping and beautiful cameo, I may have to case this beauty! Stunning! Xx

Lisa Petrella said...

Such a PRETTY card, Tammy!!! I LOVE those medallions you stamped out in the top panel!!! And the row of stitched buttons on the ribbon is FABULOUS!!!

Stella said...

Perfection in purple. I love the doily stamps, the cameo and that beautiful row of buttons. Fabulous!!!! A real jaw dropper!

Theresa said...

Tammy, this is lovely. The purple is awesome. Love the flourish at the bottom. Very lovely.

Susan said...

Your card is very elegant.

Debs M said...

great snippet card x

Elizabeth said...

Lovely card - great use of snippets. Elizabeth x

Sarn said...

This is lovely! Love the way you've used buttons - something I never do!

Hugs, Sandra

Ruby said...

Ooh this is LOVELY!!

Rebekah said...

What a beautiful card!
Thanks ever so much for leaving such a sweet comment over on my blog:)

Unknown said...

gorgeous card Tammy! I love how you have combined all the different elements ... thanks for playing along with us this month ... cheers Ange

Kate said...

I love the Old World look to this card - and the purple is such a lovely choice!! I'm always so impressed with the way you add buttons to your creations!