Monday, January 23, 2012

Hey Friend

Good Morning!

I have a friend card for you today inspired Jay Gee's newest photo challenge. I was inspired by so many elements in the photograph, but I stuck to the neutral colors and the keys stuck out most, so that is where I focused my creativity.

I started with a Kraft Card base and stamped WPlus9 Mehndi Medallions in white Kraft Ink and gave it some shine with white embossing powder.

I created a frame using some spellbinders dies and added a key and sentiment from Practicing Creativity Key to My Heart.
Here is the beautiful inspiration photograph over at Jay Gee's Nook.
I am going to join in also at Stamp and Create: Anything Goes
Sorry to keep this short, but I have to get out the door to sit in some major traffic! Ugg! What a fun way to start my week!
Till next time!
~Tammy~

{Recipe}
Stamps:  Wplus9: Mehndi Medallions, Practicing Creativity: Key to my Heart
Paper: CS: Stampin' UP!
Ink: Stampin' UP! VersaFine
Other: Dies: Spellbinders, foam mounting tape

13 comments:

Emily Keaton said...

Gorgeous take on the inspiration! Love all those neutral tones. You nailed it!

Jen W. said...

Those mend hi medallions look gorgeous embossed in white and I love how you popped up the key in front of them!

Annette Allen said...

so gorgeous...those medallions are amazing...

Theresa said...

Those medallions are just fabulous. They look awesome on that kraft. Beautiful card!!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

oh what a beautiful card--i have to get those stamps!

Jay Gee said...

The background stamping is gorgeous Tammy and I love how you framed the key. Thanks so much for joining us at Jay Gee's :)

Colleen Dietrich said...

Tammy, I think you really nailed this inspiration challenge! LOVE those Mehndi Medallions. They are on my wish list. I like both versions: Papertrey's and Wplus9's.

Stella said...

The combo of kraft and white is the key to my heart :) Yes I love this; the medaillions look gorgeous and are an amazing background for this card!
Hugs,
Stella

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card! Love all the stamped doilies on the craft! ;o)

Karen B. said...

Absolutely beautiful Tammy.

Lisa Petrella said...

GORGEOUS card, Tammy! LOVE the medallions in the background and that BEAUTIFUL frame you used for the focal point!!!

Unknown said...

Tammy, this card is gorgeous! especially that background! Thanks so much for playing along with us this month ... Ange

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Beautiful, stunning and gracious, love the background