Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Just Us Girls Challenge - Wildcard Using Felt

Hello~

I know it's Tuesday, but it sure feels like Monday since everyone is getting back into their daily routines.

The new challenge at Just Us Girls is a wildcard. The challenge: To use felt on your creation.
Here is my creation.
For my creation I started with a Basic Black card base, and used a variety of papers from DCWV and Stampin' UP! to adhere to the card base.  I added some crochet trim from my stash.  I used some PTI dies to arrange a focal area to display my felt butterfly.  I die cut the butterfly from PTI twice adding a button and some black May Arts twine and a Tim Holtz memory pin.

*Sorry my flash got a little happy! :-)*
I completed the card with a DeNami Designs sentiment from the Assorted Greetings Stamp set and some Ziva Creative rhinestones.

Thanks for visiting, and I hope your Tuesday was Terrific!
~Tammy~

{Recipe}
Paper: CS: Stampin' UP!, DP: Stampin' UP! and DCWV
Ink: Stampin' UP! 
Other: Lace Trim,  Dies: PTI, limitless layers, butterfly, and mat stack 1, Felt: The Felt Store, Punch: Martha Stewart, Memory Pin: Tim Holtz, Rhinestones: Zva Creative, Button: Hobby Lobby

15 comments:

Karen B. said...

Beautiful Tammy!

SandeeNC said...

beautiful card, love the crocheted piece and how you layered your butterfly plus i joined your site :)

Theresa said...

Hi Tammy - lovely card!! That felt is awesome. I really like the crocheted ribbon. Great colors!!

Annette Allen said...

this card is so awesome...I love that felt butterfly and cute button in the middle...great card...

Emily Keaton said...

That's so sweet, Tammy! Love that felt and the DeNami senti!!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

very very cute!!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Tammy the felt butterfly flutters with cozy warmth. I like how you also added in other textures (lace and buttons) to compliment the felt. Fabulous design!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Very pretty, Tammy, and I like that interesting little Tim Holtz pin near the butterfly. It's different! I see your DCWV paper. :)

Stella said...

This is gorgeous; love the layering and your use of a " banner" in the center. Your butterfly is the icing on the cake :)

AKiteFlier said...

Cute cute cute cute cute! Love your butterfly. Thanks so much for joining JUGS this week. IT's great to have you on board this week. :-) Happy New Year!

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

So pretty - the colors and all those embellies work so well together.

Lisa Kind said...

Very pretty! The color combo is really eye-catching! Love all the elements you used on this card and, of course, the felt butterfly is beautiful! Thanks so much for playing with Just Us Girls!

Elise said...

THERE she ISSSSS, my lovely, lovely LOVE! Oh, it is WONDERFUL to see your fine talent amongst the offerings of the talented players of JUST US GIRLS! {YOU look SPLENDID, here! hee hee} I am allllll a-swoon for your use of felt and this absolutely CHARMING bit of Tammy-style fabulousness - GREAT JOB! Thanks for sharing your inspiration with Just Us Girls! xoxoxo!

Lisa Petrella said...

Oooooo...that felty butterfly is just BEAUTIFUL!!

Kate said...

This is so pretty, Tammy! The hunter green butterfly is fabulous - and all the layers on your card work so wonderfully well together!