Sunday, June 10, 2012

Merry Monday on Sunday :-)

It has been a busy week, so it's been hard finding time when to squeeze this post in. I will be just squeaking  in the final hours. I adore Lesley's CAS sketches, and it's just what I needed. I had the honor of guest designing for her last week, so of course I couldn't let this sketch close out without playing along!

So here we go!

Again, another non-tradional, but elegant Christmas greeting. The patterned paper is from DCWV La Creme stack.
For my reindeer (Stampin' UP! Winter Post), he was stamped in Versamark Ink, and then heat set with black embossing powder. For a fun touch a pearl was added to his nose. :-) He was mounted on a die-cut star adding pearls to each point.
Can I just say I am in love with this beautiful vintage greeting! It comes from Crafty Secrets Vintage Christmas. The snowflake is from the same set. You may not be able to see it, but a white pearl was added to the center of the snowflake. The sentiment panel was mounted on a Basic Black scalloped border panel and adhered to my card front.
Clean and Simple, but made with love and one more Christmas card complete!
Here is the Merry Monday Sketch! 
I hope you enjoy the rest of your day!
~Tammy~

{Recipe}
Stamps: Stamping' UP! And Crafty Secrets
Paper: CS: Stampin' UP!, PP:DCWV
Ink: Jenni Bowlin 
Other: Pearls: Michael's, Dies: Spellbinders, Punch: Stampin' UP!, Embossing Powder, Heat Tool,

26 comments:

Arlene said...

So pretty Tammy! Love your placements of the pearls! Beautiful.

Debbie said...

Beautiful Christmas card! Love the reindeer!

Jessi Fogan said...

oh my gorgeousness! A black and white Christmas card? So, so elegant & classy! I love the pearl touches & the interest it adds having the sentiment strip wider. And good grief, I need you to teach me how to use black EP without making a mess! I've nearly given up on it :)

Sasha said...

Your Christmas card is fabulous, Tammy. I love all your lovely stamping and the pretty papers and touch of pearls x

Martha Herrera said...

Such a pretty card, Tammy. I love black/creme color combo. And the greeting font is perfect!

Hugs,
Martha H.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wow!! This is GORGEOUS!! LOVING the black and white color combo and loving the bling on the nose!

VanessaB said...

wow that's really striking. awesome card!

Denise Price said...

Nice take on the sketch! The black & white color combo makes it very elegant.

Doreen said...

Fab card , such a lovely image and colours, perfect.xxx

Notes by Nina said...

Wow, this is stunning. I love the colour combo. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Sherrie K. said...

Oh wow, your card is fabulous! The colors are very elegant:) Nice job as always...happy Sunday!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Lesley said...

Hi Tammy,
Thank you so much for playing along again, and such an elegant card, all those different patterns are lovely in black and white! You made my sketch sing! Thank you so much for joining in.
Hugs,
Lesley

LeAnne said...

Wow, this is outstanding! I recognized both the reindeer AND the sentiment from CS--beautiful! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Oh I do love this Tammy it is so elegant and sophisticated - a real stunner! Hugs Susan x

Pauline said...

Just beautiful Tammy, such an elegant Christmas card with those beautiful patterns.

Emily Keaton said...

So cute, Tammy! I love your elegant design for this nontraditional card. It will be fabulous for Christmas!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Wow, it's gorgeous!

Lisa said...

This is so elegant and gorgeous!! I love the papers you used!! Absolutely beautiful Christmas card :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Lalo said...

ooohhh!!! You even make black and white look vintage fabulous!!! Beautiful Tammy

SandeeNC said...

Avery elegant Christmas card, so pretty! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Tan's Hobbies said...

Wow!! This card is so elegant, Tammy!! Love the vintage and the victoria feeling. Love the black-and-white combo. Super great greetings card!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Oh, this is beautiful!

Jules said...

Hi Tammy

I hope all is good with you.

That is one gorgeous Christmas card .. .. the background is amazing and the pearls set everything off beautifully.

Have a good week.

Love Jules xx

Annette Allen said...

so pretty...love it

Bonnie said...

Ooh, Tammie, I love the black, white and cream theme of this card! It makes a perfect background for this handsome reindeer. Glad you joined us at Merry Monday!

Jocelyn Olson said...

Let me just say, when I see Christmas cards on your blog, I get a little freaked out that I'm way behind! LOL! Your card is *so* elegant, Tammy! I love that sentiment, too! The papers are so striking!