Friday, September 14, 2012

3, 2, 1 Happy Birthday

Hi!

(This is my second post of the day...to check out my Merry Monday/Inspired By Stamping Happy Holiday card click here)


A very quick post as I have to get out the door... Let's just say my week has been hectic with appointments, obligations, volunteering, and all the short stuff activities that keep the roads hot.

My son is invited to a birthday party tomorrow, and well {gasp} I had just resided to the fact I was going to have to pick up a store bought card.  He looks at me this morning with big eyes and said, "We're BUYING a card?" So with that said, arm twisted a mad dash to the craft room took place and I hit the scraps running! I seriously used the top two pieces of scrap patterned paper in the pile and went from there using the 3 2 1 challenge at Shopping our Stash as well as the Sparks Designers Draft Challenge at Paper Smooches. This card took me about 9 minutes. If ya'll know me well enough I have stated many times I am the slowest cardmaker ever, so the fact that I made a card under 10 minutes is nothing short of a miracle. 

I started with a piece of textured cardstock that was leftover from another make and added a white panel to the card front that has had strips of Washi Tape added to the left side of the panel.  The Zebra from Paper Smooches Zoo Crew was stamped on some yellow striped patterned paper and fussy cut then added to my scallop die-cuts.  A button which has been laced with twine and tied off in a bow was added to the left side of the zebra. 

All that was left was to add the Happy Birthday sentiment from Paper Smooches Party Possse.
As mentioned, I gained my inspiration from Shopping Our Stash 3, 2, 1. I used 3 Washi Tapes, 2 Patterned Papers, and 1 Button.
The layout was inspired by the Sparks Designer Draft.
Thanks for stopping by for a visit and peek!  I hope you have a fine Friday!
~Tammy~

15 comments:

Annette Allen said...

so sorry your week has been loaded. Hopefully the weekend will bring some rest...this card came out too cute...and my husband says the same thing when I say that I am going to buy a card.. It is just funny that your kid is saying the same thing..

Lisa said...

So stinkin' adorable!! I can't believe you made it in less than 10 minutes!! That zebra is so cute!! Love it, Tammy!! Have a great weekend...I hope you are able to relax and enjoy it :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Debbie said...

So adorable! Got to love that washi tape!

Kara Lynne said...

Very fun, Tammy! I love that the kids value our cards! Love the washi tape!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

You ROCKED that ten minute mark!! This is AWESOME! I loveeeeeeeeeeee the colors and that zebra!!!!!

Unknown said...

I love this! Green is fast becoming a fave color of mine and although the green is prominent there's still great contrast. Awesome design Tammy!

Tan's Hobbies said...

For less than 10 minutes creation, this card is absolutely STUNNING!!! Great and brilliant card, my dear Tammy. Your son is so adorable =)

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous card Tammy!! You are awesome!!

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

How cute is this!! Bet your son was delighted and so proud of his mum! x

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Awww..... this is sooooooo cute!
Also, thanks for your sweet comment!!!!

Jackie Rockwell said...

SUPER CUTE card! The zebra is adorable!!! So glad you played along with us at PS Sparks!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Super cute baby card Tammy. Love the image and the colors... the washi tape looks great!

lauren bergold said...

oh my gosh, that sweet little zebra is just sooooooooooo ♥CUUUUTE♥! what a great focal point and a super-adorable card all round! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR STASH with us this week!

Benzi said...

Quick but sooooooooo adorable!!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHH! I LOVE the b/w with the green---SOOOOOOOOO pretty! FAB take on this sketch:) THANKS for playing along with us and joining in the fun over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge:)