Friday, September 21, 2012

Hey Chickie in a flash or is it dash????

Hey,

**Woohoo So Happy My fun little Chickie card was a favorite on the 10 Minute craft Dash...quite the honor considering I can NEVER make a 10 minute card thanks ladies for liking my card I am honored**

Well, I had no more than 10 minutes to spare today on my papercrafting hobby. It was a full day, so I retreated to the crafting space to get it out of my system I guess. :-))) It's hard for me to create quickly and create CAS, but here it goes.
With a white card base as a starting point. I used the 10 minute craft dash colors as my inspiration and knew which paper stack I owned to work from. I added a strip of patterned paper to the bottom adding some pink twine just above. It was one of the things that almost tripped me up as well as the twine bow on Miss Chickie's head. The twine didn't want to stay nor did it want to lay straight! 

I stamped Miss Chickie and fussy cut her out and added her to a punched scalloped circle and trimmed the edge. (I figured it would be faster to punch my shape rather than mess with die-cutting). I tied a tiny twine bow and added a pearl to her head. All that was left was to stamp the sentiment. 
My old school smart phone with sticky prints from little sticky fingers! :-)))
As you can see, I almost didn't make the challenge time. It opened my eyes as to how fast 10 minutes goes.

As mentioned, I used the 10 Minute Craft Dash as my inspiration.

Card Makin' Mama's : Be Punny

It was hard for me to not add more, and I very well may have if there had been more time.

Thanks for letting me share my quick make with you. I sure need more practice at CAS and timeliness! :-)))
Have a fantastic weekend,
~Tammy~

{Recipe}

Stamps:  Paper Smooches: Chubby Chums
Paper: Stampin'  UP!, DP: Cosmo Cricket
Ink: Momento: Tuxedo Black
Other:  Twine, Pearls

14 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Toooooooo cute!! I loveeeeeeee that chick!!!!

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Brilliant card Tammy and how fast! x

Paulina said...

Tammy, this card is so cute! Such a fun and happy little creation.

Glad you were able to join Ginny and I in the 10 Minute Craft Dash. I hope you'll play along with us again!

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the image and design.xxx

Arlene said...

Super super cute Tammy! You pulled this off beautifully! :)

Annette Allen said...

AWW I love how you added the twine...so so cute.

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Grin, love these bright colors, way to rock the 10 minute challenge.

Sandy said...

Wow!! I could never have done anything this quickly -- very nice!!
sandy

Unknown said...

Clever, cute, and QUICK! Now that's a fabulous card! Thanks so much for popping by my blog earlier this week:)

Martha Herrera said...

Great job on your 10 minute Craft Dash! Your card is super cute.

Sue Lelli said...

You? 10 minutes??!!! CUTE result and I laughed about that twine bow! Your card turned out Darling!

Ginny Larsen said...

that cute little bow at the top is perfect... glad you got it to cooperate! super awesome card, btw--thanks for playing along with the 10 Minute Craft Dash! hope to see you participating again!

Marlena M. said...

This is so sweet! Great job with the challenge Tammy.

Lisa said...

What a sweet card!! I love the colors and the chick is too cute!!

I just returned from vacation so I apologize for inundating your inbox while I catch up on your projects!! Have a great weekend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts