Thursday, September 20, 2012

IBSIC #27 - Grateful

Hello friends!

Sharing a fall card on this lovely day! 
I know ya'll are probably tired of hearing me say this, but I started with my stash pile from other makes. I seriously have a huge pile of scraps from over the years. If only I had more time in my day to organize them. *sigh*. 

I began this card by piecing together the pretty falling leaves paper to my red gingham, checked, patterned paper and adhering to my Buff Ivory card base. Some lace trimmings and pretty fall striped ribbon was added to the center along with some buttons and pearls.  Using a piece of vintage book print from a thrift shop find, I die-cut a scalloped oval.  For my focal images, Using a background stamp, I stamped two different background images on Buff Ivory cardstock and then used a pumpkin image to stamp over the background which was fussy cut.  At the upper right corner of the card face, a sentiment from was stamped in a hand-cut banner.
For a finishing touch, I added some beautiful maple leaves made of mulberry paper to the focal image dressing up with a tangerine button, pearl, and a twine bow. Using the same striped coordinating ribbon, I tied a bow adding a chocolate brown button to the center with some hemp twine. 

I am also submitting this card at The Ribbon Carousel Fall into Fall and Pixie's Crafty Workshop- Using those scraps.
I hope you enjoy your day and get some crafty time in!
~Tammy~

25 comments:

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

This is just fab Tammy! Love how you have done the pumpkins and the leaves are just perfect! x

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous.love the colours....fab papers.xxx

Mary Pat Siehl said...

love this!!! i am just really loving the fall colors this year!!

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow, wow, wow! Stunning card, Tammy! Love the mix of papers and trims here. And really love those paper pieced pumpkins over the book paper label. The pearls on the buttons totally catch my eye, too. You have absolutely rocked your pile of scraps on this one. Fabulous!

Pauline said...

I love your beautiful card Tammy! I love the paper pieced pumpkins, and the mix of patterns, so pretty.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwww!! This is GORGEOUS!! I love love love those pumpkins and the leaves!!! WOW!!!!!!!!

Martha Herrera said...

Another beautiful card, Tammy! I am SO ready for the Fall. Your card makes me want to get all of my Fall stuff and decorate my living room..

Annette Allen said...

really now this is just so darn cute...i love that you used pattern paper for the pumpkins...so so cute..

Creations by Shirl said...

Hi Tammy~
The pumpkins are so darn cute, glad you are getting in to your stash pile. I have tons of stuff I didn't realize I had buried in my crates....My hubby said no more buying until I clean out my storage containers...LOL! TFS your card is so festive anyway...
Enjoy your lovely day!

Darnell said...

That's a beautiful fall card, Tammy! I can't believe how well you layer everything to give it fab texture and dimension!

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous, Tammy!! I love the all the colors and textures!! The pumpkins are just adorable!! I have the same problem with my scrap pile...it's overwhelming!! Instead of using the scraps, I just add to it :/ Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Marlena M. said...

Gorgeous fall creation Tammy! I love all the patterns~

Maria said...

Ohhh...a lovely fall card! Very pretty mix of papers and sweet patterns on those cute pumpkins! Love all the detail! Take care and have a wonderful weekend, hugs!

Anonymous said...

So beautiful Tammy! Love the vintage backgrounds added to the pumpkins. Such a beautiful touch. Hugs, Joanna

Di said...

Fabulous Tammy! Lovely colours and those pumpkins are super on the gorgeous background. Di xx

Sarn said...

A wonderful autumnal card. Great!

Hugs,
Sarn xxx

Elizabeth Allan said...

Tammy it is so much fun to see what you design from your stash of bits and pieces!

PennyLine said...

Tammy, your "other makes" stash must be inspiring for itself ;) I Love those patern stamped pumpkins. They are so cute. Hopefully the kids will be in beds on time so I can scrap the night...

Carole said...

Gorgeous card Tammy, I love how beautiful it all came together, just a wonderful job. Carole xox

scrappymo! said...

Looks great! Love the way you photographed it with the wooden pumpkins beside it!

Sandy said...

I love this Tammy - it has a very good feel to it - love your design.
Sandy

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the patterns on the pumpkins, the gingham background and the leaves! FAB, yet not traditional, fall card!

Amanda said...

Love the paper piecing on this one makes two really sweet pumpkins. The whole card makes me think of autumn. Hugs, Amanda x

Bernie said...

This is just to darn cute, Tammy! I love the pattern paper pieced pumpkins and as always your layering and textures.
Hugs
Bernie

Colleen Dietrich said...

Love how you stamped the paperpieced pumpkins with other IBS patterns! Fab idea!