Thursday, September 27, 2012

A Masculine Birthday

Hello Friends,

I am dropping in quickly to share a Masculine card.  I don't usually make a lot of masculine cards because they are not my favorite to create, but I have one to share today. I didn't go with a masculine "theme" so much as I used papers that would work for a Man.

The edges have been distressed both by ink as well as using an edge distresser. The focal sentiment comes from IBS Birthday Wishes which has been layered inside Spellbinders Labels 18 die-cuts. The patterned papers are from my pile of snippets from previous makes. A double twine bow was added below the sentiment. Three buttons are added to the lower left portion of the card for a finishing touch. 

I am happily adding this to Di's, Pixie's Crafty Snippet Challenge

I hope you have a great day!
~Tammy~

18 comments:

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous Tammy,love the designand fab details.xxx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Fab design and papers Tammy x

Anonymous said...

Great card Tammy! Love the papers you used!

Jessi Fogan said...

There's the ticket - dreaded man card without an image. Avoids 99% of the problems! Love this sketch (that little banner detail is awesome!) and I can't wait to play. I'm so glad to finally be catching up with folks :)

Mary Pat Siehl said...

love these colors- just perfect

Audrey Pettit said...

Perfect take on that sketch and a perfect card for a man! Love the papers and the layered die cuts, and LOVE the trio of buttons!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is beautiful!! I loveeeeeeeee the colors!!!!

Annette Allen said...

pretty card..

Martha Herrera said...

Masculine cards are not my favorite either, but I really like yours! Great job!

~ Kendra ~ said...

Beautiful take of the sketch!! Love the colors you used!

Maria said...

Love the colors and design! This card makes for the perfect masculine card! I have to admit that masculine cards are not my favorite to make either!:-) Have a wonderful weekend, hugs!

Anita Rex said...

Masculine papers really help make masculine cars easier! So love this card Tammy! :> You should make more masculine cards! Your good at it!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE this masculine card, Tammy! Perfect guy colors!

Deb Hickman said...

Gorgeous masculine card, how funny that most of us did a man's card which we don't normally do,lol. Have a great weekend. Deb x

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

This turned out great, such a good sketch for a "guy" card. I am with you, I rarely make guy cards, but I should!

Sandy said...

so nice - love the rich colors. A very simple design but so very elegant!
sandy

Benzi said...

Spectacular 'man' card. The colors look perfect and just a sentiment to carry it through...a wonderful masculine.

Lisa said...

This is so beautiful!! I love the papers you used!! Perfect take on the sketch :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts