Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Paper Sweeties Blog Hop - Have a Beautiful Day!

So glad to have you along on the Paper Sweeties blog hop with  My Time Made Easy ™ LLC


9/11
Today is a day of remembrance, and a time to thank all of those who have served our country. Past, present and future, the words ‘thank you’ don't seem to be enough. Many people have given so much of themselves, to work tirelessly to preserve our freedom and protect our country.

Today on 9/11 we take a moment to remember those who lost their lives that tragic day, and the families they left behind. We take another moment to honor all of the individuals who helped that day, and who are, or who have served our country. Today we remember.

In honor of all these individuals and their families My Time Made Easy ™ LLC and Paper Sweeties has organized a Blog Hop with *NEW* products & projects to inspire you to create gifts for our Troops, or that special someone!


My Paper Sweeties creation had to be Patriotic as we reflect on this tragic day 11 years ago that I know will forever be etched in my memory.  

I have used Paper Sweeties Emma! Isn't she lovely?  I started with a Lunch Bag Kraft card base and added some white paint for a shabby touch. I pieced together a wonderful collection of papers from my stash that works well for this Patriotic little number. I then added some eyelet lace trim in white to the center of my card front.  A length of red polka-dot ribbon was wrapped around the card face and tied in a bow embellished with a white button which has been laced with hemp twine completed in a double bow. 

I then took a paper doily and added a Lunch Bag Kraft circle to the center and adhered to the left portion of the card embellished with one darling papercrafted Emma and red, white and blue buttons to frame her with!  A patterned paper fan rosette with button was added to the lower right portion of the card. 

Last, but not least, a hand-cut sentiment banner was created using the scotch tape method for customizing your stamps.  

Thank you for joining along with us for this special commemoration blog hop ! I hope you have enjoyed your visit!

Please see what all the following designers have made using the *NEW* products:
·  Lauren Meader – owner My Time Made Easy
·  Lisa Kind
·  Tina Hale
Debbie Marcinkiewicz – owner Paper Sweeties
Additional designers:
Tammy Hobbs  (That's me)

I was personally inspired and adding this to Your Next Stamp element challenge. Pixie's Crafty Snippet Challenge.
I hope YOU "Have a Beautiful Day"
~Tammy~

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Soooo cute Tammy!! I love your card she's perfect!!

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous ,fab image and details.xxx

Audrey Pettit said...

What a fabulous blog hop! And your card is absolutely stunning, Tammy!

Andrea Ewen said...

Awesome card, Tammy....I love the mix of patriotic and vintage elements you've put together! The doily looks beautiful and those buttons and medallion really enhance your design! You have really made Emma shine!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

oh my this little girl is just way too cute!! great job

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwww!!! this is GORGEOUS Tammy!! I love love love the doily, the buttons and loving the rosette!!!!

Rebecca Deeprose said...

Madras plaid~ adorable!! I love the mix of the patriotic theme and the softer, more vintage elements. Beautifully done!!!

wendy said...

fantastic, thanks for joining us at Your Next Stamp

Jinny Newlin said...

Absolutely adorable, Tammy! LOVE all your girly, shabby chic elements; and Emma looks ever so sweet all decked out in her red, white, and blues!

Debbie said...

Emma couldn't be any sweeter here dressed in her adorable You Are Fabulous outfit!!! Thanks so much for sharing your time and talents with us for today's hop with Paper Sweeties, Tammy! Hugs - xoxoxo

Jeanne J. said...

Hi Tammy! What a pretty card! I love the paper pieced outfit you made for Emma and all the perfect little accents - like the buttons, flower, and the doily. Emma looks like she's at a 4th of July parade on a perfect summer day! Beautiful!

Martha Herrera said...

This is such an adorable card! I love it... :)

Lisa said...

What a gorgeous card, Tammy!! You always match embellishments to a card perfectly!! I love the sweet image and all the details!! Fabulous as always!! Have a beautiful day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Karen B. said...

Such a darling card, and great embellishments!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Beautiful - everything is really wonderful, and I'm especially loving the plaid shirt on Emma!

Annette Allen said...

Tammy this is so adorable...i love that little image and all your layers are so fun...this card makes me smile...

Kara Lynne said...

I love her shirt and your half circle background for her. Wonderful tribute for the occasion.

Di said...

Lovely card Tammy - I just love the way you use buttons so well. Di xx

Sarn said...

You sure know how to bring lots of elements together and make them work.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Tan's Hobbies said...

WOW!! What a super duper great card!!! Love those colors, love all the embellishment, love how you brilliantly designed it, love the bow and button, I never lie when I said that love EVERYTHING about this card!!