Saturday, September 1, 2012

September Cupcake Craftoom - Pretty Pastels

Hi!

Welcome to the September Cupcake Craftroom monthly challenge! This month's challenge is Pretty Pastels. I have used some new papers in the Cupcake Cards and Crafts store. 

Here is what I have to share with you using a sample of this collection.  
I started by creating a card base using the Pastel Blossom sheet as my card base. I then took the Lemonade Polka dot patterned paper and cut a negative in the center using a scalloped nestie. 
As you can see from this close up, I  had some fun with twine and I used that in the background for my darling little dinosaur from Paper Smooches which was paper pieced using the Pastel Chevrons print. I added some buttons, and I created a sentiment banner also from Paper Smooches using Light Pistachio. 
You have all month to show us your work using pretty pastels. We hope you will link up and play along with us. We can't wait to see what you create! 

Joining in at  Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes

I hope your September is off to a fine start! This month is super packed with activities! I am not sure I have switched off of Summer mode yet!
Big Hugs,
~Tammy~

17 comments:

Mary J said...

Tammy, that is simply stunning! And way toooo cute! :)

Arlene said...

Beautiful Tammy! Brilliant use of twine...

sandi said...

Cute! Such fun pp's that you used for this. Looks so sweet!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwww!! This is AWESOME!!! I absolutely loveeeeeeeeeeeee how you used the twine!!!!

Bernie said...

My Goodness you certainly think out side the box. That twine background is amazing. Fabulous card Tammy. Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs
Bernie

Kara Lynne said...

Hehe! He's a little chevron cutie! What fun colors on this happy card!

Karen B. said...

oh my adorable! what a cool use of twine too.

Lisa said...

This is so absolutely adorable, Tammy!! The dinosaur is sooo cute...I love his chevron coloring!! And the twine is so creative and fabulous!! Awesome card as always my friend!! Have a great weekend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Jessi Fogan said...

LOVE that idea for twine, and how cute is that dino with a pattern? I think that's my favourite PS set :)

Annette Allen said...

aww so happy you are creating twine backgrounds...this looks amazing...LOve the little dino too...hehe great card.

Colleen Dietrich said...

Love what you did with the twine: I want to reach out and touch it!

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Oh, what a cute card. Love the bright colours and the clever way you used the twine.
Caroline xxx

Martha Herrera said...

Oh, Tammy, this is super adorable!

In order to participate in the Cupcake Craftroom Challenge, do you need to use paper from the Cupcake Cards and Craft store? or can you use any paper/stamp you want?

Martha Herrera said...

How fun! I'm going to create a card for this challenge, and I know exactly what I'm going to do!!! :)

Audrey Pettit said...

OMGosh, too cute! I just love what you did with the twine!

Marcea said...

Beautiful creation. Thankyou for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog. Make sure you check our brand new challenge later today for a very special post.
-x-

Marcea said...

Beautiful creation. Thankyou for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog. Make sure you check our brand new challenge later today for a very special post.
-x-