Monday, September 10, 2012

The Shabby Tea Room - Creative Candy

Hello Hello~~~

I am back with my second post for The Shabby Tea Room this month. I am still trying to figure out where last week went. Just gone!

As always we have a gorgeous inspirational photo to get those creative juices flowing!  You will need to use the colors in the photo and include LACE, FABRIC and a BUTTON! 

Here is what I have for you. I apologize for the poor photograph as it was raining cats and dogs when I took it. No helpful natural light. 
Here is the inspiration!
Look at all the yumminess in the inspiration photo. 

I started with a cream card base and I layered on top my beautiful blue patterned paper.  I cut four scalloped rectangles from my beautiful calico material and added to a coordinating blue paper embellished with a doily!
A length of pink scalloped ribbon was wrapped vertically around the card front and tied off in a bow embellished with a button, twine, and a tag.


A tag was created from cream cardstock using a Sizzix die and stamped with some Crafty Secrets goodies from the set Material Girl. A trim of pink, gingham ribbon and a button was added to the top of the tag for a finishing touch. 

Don't forget to head over to The Shabby Tea Room to see all the delightful Creative Candy from the design team. 

I am joining over at Pixie's crafty Snippet challenge.  We will see if I can a turn on the swings. 

Hope your day is a crafty one. I will be back in a few hours with this weeks The Kraft Journal post. 

Till then!
~Tammy~ 


16 comments:

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

What a pretty Card Tammy. I love the lace and the little panels of flowered paper xx

Rebecca Deeprose said...

Such a sweet 'material girl' Tammy!!!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Tammy your card elements always have such artful balance!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

sooo pretty

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sooooooooooo beautiful!!! I loveeeeeeeeee the ribbon, the grid design and that tag! You are amazing!!!!!

Annette Allen said...

wow another beauty...your amazing...

Bernie said...

Oh So Pretty, love every element and color.
Hugs
Bernie

Darnell said...

Wow, Tammy! You are another talented artist who can take lots of layers and make a work of art that is beautiful and that magically all blends perfectly together. Wow.

Lisa said...

Oh wow, how beautiful!! I love the colors and design!! The sentiment is so cute!! Love it!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Lynne said...

Oh this is so pretty.
Lynne xxx

Anonymous said...

A sweet card Tammy!!!! Love the shabbyness :-)

Mrs A. said...

you have caught the essence of the inspiraion picture perfectly. Love all the pinkness and lace. Good enough to eat. Speaking of which I do believe that there are jammy doughnuts up for grabs over by the swings. Mind out for the ducks though. They look like they haven't eaten for days for some reason!!! Hugs Mrs A.

Audrey Pettit said...

This is pure loveliness, Tammy!

Di said...

Oh, so pretty Tammy! I love all the elements - and of course the colours are right up my street.

Take care in the playground, there's construction work going on while I'm away :)

Di xx

Kara Lynne said...

So beautiful. I see so many elements from the photo, all developed into a wonderful layout.

Sarn said...

Just BRILLIANT xxx