Monday, September 24, 2012

The Shabby Tea Room - With Sympathy

Hello~
Well, I have enjoyed my time immensely this month Guesting for The Shabby Tea Room, but with many things, all good things come to an end. This is my final post.
 I always have a hard time getting good photographs of white cards.  So as you can see from my card above that The Shabby Girls want you to create a card or project using WHITE as your main color (You may use cream, Kraft, Brown or Black as subtle accents)
Here is this gorgeous photo to inspire you with!  I swear I dream in white and if I didn't have boys in the house, I would so decorate like this with little pops of aqua perhaps.  This is just gorgeous! 

 Naturally, I started with a white card base. I created a white panel which has been embossed and had the edges distressed  and touched with some tea stain ink. I took some beautiful lace trim and added it to the center over a doily that has been cut in half. 

 I die-cut an oval and added my birdcage and With Sympathy sentiment to the center.  Adding some embellishments of pearls a double bow, and white paper roses to complete the look.
Please be sure to stop by The Shabby Tea Room to see the wonderful inspiration they have for you!  I also want to say thank you to Debbie for giving me this opportunity to be guest designer for the month of September! 
I hope you have a crafty day!
~Tammy~ 

{Recipe}
Paper: CS: Stampin' UP!
Ink: Momento and Palette
Other: Pearls: Michael's, Flower: Stash, Ribbon: Offray, Crochet trim: Offray

11 comments:

Bernie said...

Breathtakingly beautiful Tammy! I love the shuttle color added to the white.
Hugs
Bernie

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

This is just stunning Tammy, it would be a lovely wedding card too! x

Elizabeth Allan said...

Beautifully soft sympathy card. Gorgeous work Tammy!

Audrey Pettit said...

This is stunning, Tammy! So many gorgeous details and so much rich texture here! You did an amazing job as a guest designer for the Tea Room this month! I've really enjoyed seeing your projects!

Jinny Newlin said...

So pretty, Tammy! LOVE all the texture you've pulled and that yummy bow!

Debbie said...

So very pretty -- CAS yet so elegant and beautiful!! We were so honored to have you as our month-long guest designer this month ... thank you so much, sweetie, for all your time and talents you shared with us all!! And ... IKWYM about loving white but living in a house full of boys!!!

Anonymous said...

Very Beautiful Tammy! I popped this beauty up on our FB page! Gorgeous as always! Hugs, J

Colleen Dietrich said...

Truly gorgeous! I love that inspiration photo too. Wish I had a bunch of that in my house, as well! LOL

Tracey said...

Very pretty and oh so elegant...Beautiful Tammy.

Maria said...

Very gorgeous! Love all the white and tiny white roses! So very elegant...love it!

Lisa said...

Wow, this is stunning, Tammy!! I absolutely love it...so elegant and gorgeous!! Wow!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts