Saturday, September 29, 2012

You Make My Life Brighter

Hi!

There is a new challenge at Creative Paper Trade that I am just getting in at the last minute.  My life has been full of busy, but I fell in love with these colors, so I am so happy that I am able to enter.  I received some happy mail today from Paper Smooches from the Sparks Challenge I won last week, so I waltzed ran to my crafty space to sit down and create finally with these beautifully delightful colors. 

Here is what I have to share tonight. I know the photographs are going to be dark since it was late afternoon when they were snapped. 
I had some fun papers in my scrap pile. I believe they may be all from the same company, but I can't be for certain. I worked with papers that I felt coordinated well together as well worked for the color challenge. I added a thin green trim of ric rac to the bottom.  A sentiment from Paper Smooches Giddy Bugs was added to the lower right in Tuxedo Black ink. I just love the fun font.  
A length of seam binding was wrapped around the upper portion of the card front and tied in a fussy bow and tied off using a button, twine and a tag stamped with a darling heart from the Giddy Bug set. The star of the show is the cute Giddy Bug herself! :-))) She has been colored in with pink copics and her cute friend the butterfly has been embellished with a yellow button and twine. 

As mentioned, I was inspired by The Creative Paper Trade. I was waiting at the Gates to play in the playground at Pixie's Crafty Snippet Challenge. I was anxiously waiting for the gates to open.
I hope you have a fantastic and wonderful rest of the weekend.

~Tammy~

30 comments:

Sandy said...

Well this very colorful and happy card would certainly make anyone's day brighter. well done!!
sandy

Debbie said...

Super cute Tammy! Such wonderful colors!

Geri said...

This is so sweet and cheery, Tammy!! Love how your colors and patterns coordinate together, and I love how the butterfly and bow/tag add dimension! What a happy little creation! So glad to have you join us on our first set of challenges at the CPT blog, and hope to see you again!!

JESSICA said...

What a cute and beautiful card! Love these patterned papers and bow! Thank you for playing with us at the Creative Paper Trade first challenge! :)

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Just too fab Tammy, loving the bright colour combo you have used and gorgeous papers - your scrap pile is gorgeous!! x

Di said...

Fabulous card Tammy - so happy :) I think scraps are also snippets, yes? The playground has opened up for another week of fun and frolics :))

Di xx

Pauline said...

What a lovely cute card Tammy! Love the bright colours!

Bonnie said...

This makes me smile! So bright and pretty! And the sentiment is perfect!

Benzi said...

What a fun card...so cute and colorful. That would brightener a person's day really quick.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is ADORABLE!! I loveeeeeeeee the colors and that little bug!!! Tooooooooo cute!!!

Annette Allen said...

congrats on winning the sparks challenge. this is totally adorable...

Martha Herrera said...

i Love the bright, happy colors! Super adorbale!

Denise Price said...

Great combination of cheerful bright colors. The photos don't look dark to me! Super job spotlighting that cute little bumblebee.

Sasha said...

This is such a really sweet card, Tammy. I love the pretty papers you used, they coordinate so perfectly x

Lisa Elton said...

Tammy this is adorable! Love your mix of cheerful patterns and colors. The little bug is too cute! Thanks so much for joining us at the Creative Paper Trade!

Lynne in NI said...

Ohhh what a cute little bug, love your mix of colour too!
Oh and congrats on winning the SPARKS challenge

Jean Martin said...

Tammy! How cute is this!!! That bug is so adorable! And your patterned papers are so bright! This is such a fun card! :)

PennyLine said...

Happy bright colors for a sweet week. The bee, The butterfly and the little tag with the heart are So Very Cute.

Jessi Fogan said...

HAPPY MAIL!! Love :) These bright colours are just so fun, and I totally love PS stamps. I want them all, lol!

jacirascrap said...

Que maravilhoso cartão!! Uma super mistura de cors que deu tão certo!!! Muito alegre e criativo! Obrigada por me visitar...

Audrey Pettit said...

Awww, so bee-utiful!

Marlena M. said...

I love your cheery card Tammy~precious!

Miriam Prantner said...

So cute! Love how you combined the papers and that they were all scraps - don't you love that? Really fun and sweet!

Di said...

So glad you came to play Tammy :) Di xx

Lynn said...

A fun and colourful card Tammy - love the layout and font. Have fun in the playground. Lynn x

Sherrie K. said...

What a bright and cheerful card:) Super cute papers and a perfect sentiment to go with the design:) Adorable Tammy!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Sarn said...

What a fun and cheerful card Tammy.

Have a lovely day.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Unknown said...

Sweet card and love the bright mix of papers and embellies Tammy.
Hugs,
Lisa

Mrs A. said...

what fun and happy colours. Make you want to smile. I have needed that this week. Hugs Mrs A.

Lisa said...

What a bright, fun card!! It makes me smile!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts