Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The Lord Planted the Seed - Ten Minute Craft Dash

Hello~

Happy Half Way Day!

(Very Honored that this card was chosen as a Ten Minute Craft Dash Favorite on 10/29/12)


I needed a breathing de-stress break, so I headed to my craftroom before bed last night and made a quick card using the Ten Minute Craft Dash as my inspiration.  Normally, this would make me sweat because I am a slow crafter, but I am making myself get comfortable with quick and simple thanks to this challenge. I also had time to think about what stamps I wanted to use since the challenge posted.


I started by stamping the flower silhouette on a white panel in Melon Berry ink, the sentiment in Rose Bud ink, and butterfly in Hawaiian Shores ink.  Pink patterned paper from my snippet pile was added to the upper portion of the panel and a unique border was created by taking a piece of scrap patterned paper and die-cutting it twice using a heart border die-cut and ric rac border die-cut to make this unique custom border to go across the bottom of my panel.  A length of ribbon was wrapped around the panel and tied in a bow.  A final finishing touch was adding an Aqua Boutique Button.  All that was left is to add foam adhesive and apply to my card base and I was all done! 

Total time for this card was 9 minutes and 4 seconds. I am not sure I will ever get under 9 minutes, but I am happy to make the deadline! I am just happy time doesn't start till after supplies have been pulled. Otherwise I would be in trouble. :-)

There are a couple of days left to play if you want to give the challenge a try. 


Jumping in at Pixie's Crafty Snippet Challenge this week!
Hope you have a great day!
~Tammy~

{Recipe}
Stamps: Wplus9 - Woodgrain Silhouettes
Paper: CS: Stampin' UP! - Whisper White, PP: Snippets
Ink: Momento_ Rose Bud, PTI: Aqua Mist, Melon Berry
Other: Dies: PTI, Ribbon: Stash, Buttons: DeNami Designs

18 comments:

Annette Allen said...

so gorgeous...i love the color combo and those flowers are gorgeous...great card.

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the fab image and great details.xxx

Mary Pat Siehl said...

love this - the colors are so awesome but wow! i am so slow it would have taken me at least 1/2 hour to make this! you are awesome!!

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous!! The colors are fabulous!! I am amazed you can make something this beautiful fast!! It would take me hours!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

VanessaB said...

oooh. beautiful!

Sherrie K. said...

Another beauty Tammy!!! Great color combination and wow, 9 minutes..that's amazing!
Hope your having a fabulous Wednesday!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Jessi Fogan said...

I so love these colours! I want to play again :) That border is AMAZING! I love the variation. And that ribbon. And those gorgeous stamps. And that you got some time to craft!

Unknown said...

Tammy this is beautiful! I love the customer die cut border you created. This is one of my favorite stamp sets and the card is gorgeous

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So gorgeous!! I love love love the colors, the flowers and that ribbon!!!!

Paulina said...

This card is stunning, Tammy! Wow, you are just a pro at creating beautiful cards in a short amount of time. All the elements on this beauty are perfect!

Thank you for playing along in the 10 Minute Craft Dash. So happy you are enjoying my challenge!

Di said...

Another fabby creation Tammy - love the colours you chose too. Ha, even with the stuff already pulled I'd still be fiddling on about 30 minutes later! :) Di xx

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, wow, what a beautiful design! I would never guess this could be created in under 10 minutes! SO love the overlapped stamping and love the button and ribbon! The white on white layering is really beautiful, too!

Elizabeth Allan said...

All this in under 10 minutes?! Beautiful Tammy!

Maria said...

Beautiful card with lovely color!

Creations by Shirl said...

Love the simplicity of it....The sentiment says it all!

Lyndal said...

FAB, FAB card Tammy - LOVE it:)
It would take me 10 minutes just to tie the bow LOL!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Ooo, I like those colors together! They make a bold impact, yet it has such a softness about it because of the stamps you used.

Here's hoping we will both still have power after 'Sandy' arrives!

Jinny Newlin said...

I don't know how you did it, Tammy! But this is perfect! LOVE the color combo, and you're making me want to pull out my Wplus9 sets ;). Hugs!