Thursday, October 4, 2012

Thinking of you - Ten Minute Craft Dash

Hello~

{WooHoo - So Honored that this was the Winner of the 10 Minute Craft Dash - Thank you ladies}

Sneaking this on quickly!

I took a break from doing various DT projects to participate in the 10 Minute Craft Dash, but I used my husband's computer to pull up the page today because it was handy and I forget how different the monitors are. So, I hope it's a pass that the blue is a deeper turquoise. :-)

This project was started with a Lunch Bag Kraft Cardbase. Taking a panel of Whisper White I stamped the peacock from WPlus9 Magical Moments and paired a sentiment from Mehndi Medallions.  The red paper is from my snippet pile using the Upper Crest Border.  A Ric Rac border was made from Lunch Bag Kraft Cardstock and added to the center of the red patterned paper. After last week, I didn't learn my lesson with twine and time. I wanted to add some twine, so a length of red baker's twine was added however it kept wanting to roll away and almost cost me my time!!! 
Total time for this slow stamper was 9 minutes and 36 seconds
Since I am the slooowwwest crafter ever...I have enjoyed this push to step out of my comfort zone and create differently and FASTER. I seriously start sweating at the 8 minute mark. (Thank you twine) 

If you have 10 minutes you should give it a try! Check out the deets here
 

Playing in the playground again at Pixie's! All snippets used here!  Moxie Fab World - Thinking of You Challenge

That's it for me tonight. I have a few more things to work on before I crawl into bed. Another long day tomorrow and that alarm will be going off before I know it.
~Tammy~

23 comments:

Paulina said...

Tammy, I'm so happy you joined along in the challenge! You did a fabulous job taking it on- your card turned out beautifully! I really like the rhinestone additions and the twine!

Thank you for joining in the 10 Minute Craft Dash. I hope you'll play along again! :)

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Love it Tammy. What a sweet image and fabulous colour choices! x

Di said...

Hi Tammy - sheesh, this is amaaaazing. Even with everything to hand, cut and all lined up I'd take way more than 10 minutes to make such a lovely card. It's great - and the peacock just off the page is a fabulous touch. Way to go taming that twine as well! Good to see you playing in the playground again.

Di xx

Doreen said...

This is just so gorgeous Tammy,such a lovely image and details.xxx

Tracey said...

Hi Tammy......10 minutes , fabulous! I take forever to choose paper once that is done it comes together, but not in 10 min. Love the image and colour combo:)

Jessi Fogan said...

Awesomeness :) I love the idea of the 10 minute dash (it's the colours that throw me off, lol!) It's fun to get that rush of finishing ON TIME, bizarrely enough!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

oh my that peacock is beautiful and i love the added gems! perfect

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!! I loveeeeeeeeee this!! LOVING that peacock and love love love love the added bling on his feathers!!!

Martha Herrera said...

YOu are super-duper fast!! Your card is just lovely...love that peacock.

Sue Lelli said...

Could it be??? That wonderful card you told e about??? LOVE LOVE LOVE that peacock with the bling and the FAB rhinestones! LOVE that you showed the twine who was boss! LOVE that you're so thoughtful!!!

Benzi said...

This is so pretty...love the peacock along with the twine and ric rac. I have to check out this challenge.

Unknown said...

Love your addition of rhinestones... wish I would have thought of that! Love the layering of papers and twine too. Great job on your time too! Even if you were sweating, we can't tell.

Creations by Shirl said...

Wow this must of been a fun to whip up... The peacock is just gorgeous with all the rhinestones... love those ric rac too....
Very lovely Tammy!
TFS - enjoy your lovely day~

Debbie said...

Beautiful card! Love the peacock!

Annette Allen said...

wow this is gorgeous...good job...can't believe it only took 9 minutes...great job..

Bonnie said...

I don't think I've ever made a card in under 10 minutes so you're much faster than I am! Love this peacock and the bright colors!

Karen B. said...

So striking! I have this set but have forgotten about it, thanks for the reminder!

Sarn said...

Fantastic card! You're way too talented and clever for me!

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Audrey Pettit said...

Awesome!! You are rocking these challenges! Love that beautiful image and love how it goes off the page!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Fantastic AND with 24 seconds to spare! Way to go!

Jinny Newlin said...

What a fantastic use of the stamps, Tammy! Gosh, I tried so hard, but I just couldn't pull off anything that I could be proud of in 10 minutes. But you've done just beautifully!

Lisa said...

Wow this is fabulous!! How did you make it in lest than 10 minutes?? The image is gorgeous :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Marlena M. said...

I saw your beautiful win Tammy~I love it! You added so many details in so little time. Congratulations! ;)