Thursday, November 1, 2012

Score - A Huge Thanks

Hi There!

I am taking one for the team on this one! :-) I had to put aside all my girly things for the day in preparation for the end of fall soccer. You all know me and my "dreaded man cards", so I have one to share with you today. 


My son's coach is a busy man as well as his assistant (his wife). They both work full time. He is a Chiropractor with a busy practice and had to shift his patient load around and his wife is an executive who works 45 minutes away from where we meet for practice, so she leaves work early to make the practices and runs the administrative end. We wanted to show our appreciation to them because they really stepped up to the plate.  So I hope a handmade card to go along with their gift shows how much we admire what they did for our boys!
As you can see in this picture, there is dimension and texture.

Realizing my son is a sports fanatic and I am going to be bouncing from sports event to sports event, I broke down and bought the Sports Mania Cricut Cartridge.  I had a little help with the Soccer Ball and the Font. However I do not claim to be an expert, and that machine intimates the heck out of me. I have owned it far too long to not know how to operate it properly. 
The sentiment is from Paper Smooches Surf and Turf and the Stars are from Paper Smooches Little Fella.

The Soccer Ball was placed on a Spellbinders Classic Standard Circle Die and mounted on a Label's 16 die-cut. 

Inspiration for my card was found:
Thank You Challenge at Paper Smooches!
Twisted Tuesday - Free For All

Thank you so much for visiting me again today! 
~Tammy~

11 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

hehe you make me laugh about your machine.. I'm the same way it can be a little deceiving at times .
Love your card though....

Annette Allen said...

aww I think your sons coach is going to love this...great card..fun design

Jessi Fogan said...

I have no patience for learning that sort of stuff! You have my admiration for continuing to go for it :)
Love this - how perfect for the occasion! Love the vibrant colours!

VanessaB said...

awesome!

Karen B. said...

So bold and perfect!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Gorgeous!!!! I loveeeeee the colors and loveeeeeeeeee that ball!!!!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

love the bold colors!!

Audrey Pettit said...

You may dread the man cards, Tammy, but you sure do a great job on them! This is fabulous! So bright and graphic and full of great texture and dimension. LOVE that embossing plate and love the layered die cuts. The tiny tag is fantastic, too. I know your son's soccer coaches are going to love this!

Tracie said...

Very cute card. Love that it is a soccer theme. Thanks for playing with us at Twisted Tuesday Challenges.

Unknown said...

I love this card and that embossing folder is awesome. It made a terrific impression on me lol. (sorry couldn't help myself) I got a chuckle out of the Cricut intimidating you, my sewing machine terrorizes me. Someday, maybe?!? I am certain the coach and his wife appreciated your thank you card Tammy. :)

Unknown said...

I for one think you rock the man cards. I love the colors, sentiment and die cuts. I have tools here tha I've never used...cause they scare me! LOL Some day...maybe...