Monday, April 22, 2013

The Kraft Journal 118 - Recycle or Reuse

For today's "Recycle or Reuse"challenge at The Kraft Journal, I used none other than an empty toilet paper roll to form a little wall hanging or treat sack. I  started by hot glueing the bottom of the tube flat (sort of like the shape of a sour cream container) then I  took pinking sheers and snipped the bottom. 

I measured and cut a piece from a Vintage Dictionary Page and wrapped it around the tube and secured with adhesive. I took a length of vintage lace from my stash and wrapped it around the bottom of the flat part of the roll. I had some crepe paper that was leftover from one of the short stack's parties some time ago and made a fringe trim to go in the top.  I created a handle by hot glueing a length of Black Twill Tape on the inside. A final embellishing touch was using a victorian label sticker from my embellishment stash and adding a black die-cut heart to the center.  

Please be sure to head over to the The Kraft Journal to check out the projects by the other gals.  We hope to see your Recycle or Reuse creations in the gallery this week for your chance to be featured on our "Feature me Friday" post as well as be entered to win a $15.00 gift voucher from The Kraft Outlet store.

I am also linking up to Sunday {Fun}day #8 Linky Party! 
Have a fantabulous Monday and thanks for stopping by!
~Tammy~

24 comments:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

just adorable- love the lace

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

You are the queen of recycling Tammy! What a fab use of the toilet roll holder it looks wonderful! Hugs Susan x

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

SO CLEVER!! I loveeeeeeeeeee this!! Pinning it for sure!!

sandi said...

So sweet! <3!

Sherrie K. said...

Wow. how great of an idea is that! Super creative and think I am gonna scrap lift this adorable container, lol! Thanks for sharing! Love it!
Have a great Monday my friend!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Sue Lelli said...

THIS is so CUTE, Tammy! Now I want to pull all of the toilet paper off of a roll to make this! LOVE the lace and the print and the handle! Really COOL idea!

Lisa Elton said...

How pretty Tammy! I like the snippets of crepe paper on the top opening!!

Mary Ann said...

WOW!This is super cute!Great idea...

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, I never would have guessed this used to be a toilet paper roll!! What an amazing reuse!! You decorated it beautifully!! Love, love it my friend!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Jessi Fogan said...

That is definitely the prettiest TP roll I have ever seen!
(BTW, why are they called sour cream containers? I have never seen SC in anything but a little tub...is it a US thing? So confused.)

Unknown said...

I LOVE this! The flouncy topper and lace trim are perfect...I love that sweet bloom too :)

Martha Herrera said...

The Kraft Journal is so lucky to have you... You are amazing! I've never seen toilet paper SO pretty!

jessica said...

I LOVE this Tammy!!!! Wow what a GREAT recycle project and have to agree I have never seen a tp roll look so gorgeous :)

Emily Keaton said...

Tammy, this is SO creative!! What a cute little treat hanger. I love that vintage dictionary paper, too. So sweet and old-fashioned!

Pauline said...

What a sweet little pouch Tammy, and so elegant too.

Maria said...

Very creative and so pretty, Tammy!

Kristie Goulet said...

This is great! Love it!

Noor Nahdi said...

Ooooh this is stinkin' cute!!! TFS

Barb King said...

Never would have thought this was a t-paper roll! Recycling at it's best, very clever.

Esther Asbury said...

Oh my -- that is simply adorable! I really like how you made that tp tube into something beautiful! I'll be pinning this for future reference!

VanessaB said...

<3 LOVE THIS!

♥Jan♥ said...

Oh you are sooooo smart !! What a charming project... or should I say Charmin' project ... yikes, bad pun.

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, man, this is just gorgeous! I always love a good recycling project, and this one is absolutely brilliant!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Adore, adore, adore! I can't recall where I saw this in blog land (Pinterest, I think) and just swooned over it. Great photography, too, Tammy!