Wednesday, September 18, 2013

DeNami Pin-spired #2 for September - Miss You

Hey ya'll!


I have a little creation for the DeNami Design Pin-spired DT Challenge.   I honestly design by mood and inspiration, so when this card was created I was on a CAS.  Not my normal go to style, but I am an eclectic card maker! 

Here is my take:
Here is the inspiration photo:
I started by embossing my Peacock Feathers in Gold Ink onto a white cardstock panel. I used mineral spirits and chalk to fade in the color. Lastly I added a sentiment from the Assorted Greeting Set.  To add a pop of color I added a burgundy pink scallop doily to the top. (I got as close as I could to the color in the photograph, but I just didn't have the right shade of paper in my stash).

Be sure to check out a few of my teammates who have created something fabulous with this "Pin-spired" photo.
You won't want to miss their takes!
~Tammy~


9 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

Feathers are so trendy now. Love that inspiration photo and LOVE your take on it. What you did with the feathers is sooooo eye catching. Totally love that gold embossing!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous!! I loveeeeeeeee those feathers!!!!

Annette Allen said...

totally gorgeous.. love those feathers..

Creations by Shirl said...

Love those feathers and the red pops them out from your card too...

Lisa Elton said...

I need to try embossing these feathers, it looks so pretty! Great job Tammy ;)

Lisa said...

The feathers are so beautiful!! The red border along the top just pops!! Gorgeous card my friend!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Martha Herrera said...

Very pretty, Tammy! I really like those feathers. :)

Jessi Fogan said...

That technique on the feathers is simply stunning, Tammy! Love the softening effect - and the pop of gold :)

Unknown said...

peacock feathers with bit o'gold thrown in for good measure...stunning! beautiful take on the inspiration and inspiring too!