Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Love Cupid Chickie

Hi!

Two weeks ago I shared a sweet little Valentine Card on the DeNami blog. Now I can share here in it's entirety incase you missed it.  This one features Cupid Chickie. Who says chickies have to be yellow? I made my fuzzy little guy pink for Valentine's Day!

I started with a red card base onto which I added pink cardstock which has been stamped with the Teeny Heart Background in red ink. Next I added a section of sheet music from my stash to the center. I then wrapped a length of ribbon around the card front and tied in a bow to the left side of the card.

To build my focal piece of the card, I die-cut a spellbinders label from red cardstock and embossed it using the Chevron Embossing Folder. A paper rosette was added to the center adding a punched label in the coordinating red cardstock.  I stamped the Love Circle in red ink adding Cupid Chickie to the center. I punched the circle out using a 1 3/8 punch.

A die-cut heart border in white was added to the upper portion of the card and punched pink heart and dew drop were added to the right of the focal images for a final finishing touch.

I am going to share at Just B Creative - January Linky Party, Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes, 3 Girl Jam - Anything Goes With Ribbon, Really Reasonable Ribbon - Valentine/Love.

Well, I hope you enjoyed this cute little Valentine! I hope you have a terrific Thursday! Valentine's Day will be here before you know it.
~Tammy~

11 comments:

Candycat said...

Oh, so cute. Sweet, charming, he's adorable in pink! Love the layers, colors, and such. Your work is inspiring to me!

Sandy said...

Your card is so pretty Tammy and that little chicken is as cute as can be!
Sandy

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, this is fabulous, Tammy! So, so cute and just a gorgeous detailed design! Love the subtle touches here like the chevron embossing and the heart stamped background. Adds so much visual detail. And how clever you are...a pink chick! yes, why not? Love him!

Karen Letchworth said...

This is just darling, Tammy! You really make me smile with your adorable creations, and I thank you again for sharing with us. I love this sweet little stamp.
Have a blessed week!
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Unknown said...

What a fun fresh colorful card with so many little surprises. I so enjoyed seeing your lovely art today. Thank you for sharing your inspirations with us.
Blessings,
Carole Robb Bisson
Word Art Wednesday

Greta said...

Loved your card when it was on the DeNami blog, Tammy! That ribbon is luscious & I love the use of the sheet music!

Sue Lelli said...

Like I said before on the DeNami blog, this is just so Fantastic, Tammy! LOVE how you used the chickie!

Lisa said...

It's so gorgeous, Tammy!! I love the design and that cute little guy!! What a fabulous card!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Annette Allen said...

those little chickies are always so totally fun.. this is cute..

Donna K said...

How fun to switch up that little chickie to a pink cutie! Great card, Tammy…it really grabbed my attention over on the 3GJ blog…had to pop over and see the rest! xx

Georgiana said...

Glad you could join us at 3 Girl JAM for this month's challenge.

Stay Creative,
Georgiana
• Carson's Creations •