Thursday, March 27, 2014

Dino-Mite

Hi!

I have a little card to share designed by my son "sort of" :-). He wanted a dinosaur card and had certain colors he had in mind. He had a certain "idea" he had in mind as well, and I sort of failed in with area. (Enter sad face). I am new to the silhouette and he wanted a palm tree, and I had one, but I never could figure out how to resize it because the one I purchased is HUGE when it's cut out. Anywho, he got the dinosaur at least. He was much bigger than I wanted. I can't figure out how to resize because all the parts have to resize together. I just didn't have the time to spend on it. So you cameo smart people want to shoot me an email go ahead! :-)))  He picked out the papers in the colors he wanted and I had to be creative trying my best to make it work (enter silly funny face) Let's just say I think I spent more time on this then I do on my shabby frilly layered cards. I'm learning girls....anywho...he loved it, so heres to hoping the friend loves it.  It's just always a bummer when you have something really cute you WANTED to do and you can't figure it out. 

Ok, that was a long intro sorry....
 I used various circle dies and one embossing folder to add a bit of texture to add some interest to the background. I love the tangerine graph paper that was part of this mango stack from DCWV.

Just a fun little card that hopefully made you smile on this Thursday! I thought I would share at Creative Cutting Challenges - Anything Goes, Pretty Paper Pretty Ribbons- Just For Kids (PPPR File), Pause Dream Enjoy - Twine It Up, Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes, Just Be Creative - March Linky Party, Sunday {Fun}day - March Linky PartyD.L. Art - March Linky Challenge

Have a wonderful day~
~Tammy~

20 comments:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

oh this is just too cute!!!!!
when yuou are in the cameo and the image is on your screen - click on it to make the box around the image and then go to one of the corners and pull it in and it will keep its dimensions but still make it smaller- pull out to make it larger. there are a TON of videos out there and really the best way is just to play! (p.s. on your tool bar- i forget which one exactly there is a icon that you can press and that will give you a dimension box and you can type in your exact dimensions-- Just play around and you will be a master in no time!)

Sue Lelli said...

Super cute and exactly why I don't own a cameo! Glad Ian loved it and was able to pick out the design and papers for you! It's all about making him happy!

Maria said...

Awww...a really CUTE dinosaur card, Tammy! I'm glad that your son had fun helping you with it! And, I wish I could help ya regarding the cameo, but don't have one...maybe some day! Take care and have a great weekend!:-)

Lisa Elton said...

It did give me a smile and so did your story of your son picking out the papers!! You did a great job for him mom!! Cuteness ;)

Lisa said...

This is so absolutely adorable!! Your son did an awesome job with the colors!! This is just so fun and fabulous!! I hope you get your Cameo problems figured out...I still haven't made the plunge in purchasing one ;) Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Soooooooooo cute!!!! I am loving that this was his dream child!!!

Marybeth said...

Tammy you and your son did a great job! It's adorable!
I don't think I want to learn the cameo.....I had a hard enough time with my blog.....and still have a long way to go with that.

DIANA L. said...

YOu two are a great team, I love the patterned papers.
Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes March Linky Party. Have a blessed day
DIANA L.
dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Karen Letchworth said...

Well, this card is creative, colorful, fun and best of all - a blessing because it was shared in our challenge. Thanks for taking the time to link up and please know how very grateful I am for your participation. I absolutely LOVE getting to see all your super sweet creations.
Karen
Word Arr Wednesday

Audrey Pettit said...

I tell you what, I have absolutely NO idea how any of those electronic die cutting machines work...NONE at all...so I think you totally nailed this, Tammy! It is adorable! I'm not at all surprised your son loved it, too. :)

Nana said...

Too cute, love the papers.
Thanks for linking up with the Crafty Playtime

Have a creative day.
Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

Diane Jaquay said...

Hi Tammy, so good to hear from you! Your dino is a-dino-dorable (HA, sorry, couldn't resist ;)

teachdanz said...

I think your dinosaur card turned out great!! You will figure all these silhouette issues out in time so don't be discouraged. The PPPR files come with a separated svg and a non-separated svg. You could choose to work with the non-separated one first, size it to the correct size for your project and then ungroup it (sometimes you have to click ungroup 2x) and then separate it into layers. Hope that helps!!
Thanks for linking up with the PPPR "just for kids" monthly challenge!
Nicole
PPPR dt

Sherrie K. said...

Aaaw Tammy, your dino is ADORABLE!! The colors are so bright and fun! Certainly put a smile on my face!
Sorry, about the troubles with the Cameo. It does take some time to navigate around and learn the options.
The best way I have found is once the file is on the screen click on the image, you will find a box around all of it, go to the corner and drag it out or in. As you do that all the pieces are sized together. If you want just one image (the palm tree) I would just ungroup it all, box around just the palm tree-highlight and copy it, then open another mat and paste it there and then drag it to the size you want on its own mat. Hope that helps:)
Have a great day!
Sherrie K

www.creativepointe.blogspot.com said...

I think he turned out just fine...and very cute! Thanks for joining us at Creative Cutting Challenge. Hope to see you enter again!
Cindy
DT Leader

Anonymous said...

So cute Tammy!!!! Love the dino!

Unknown said...

Just adorable, I love this little guy! Thanks for popping by my blog, so glad you enjoyed our hop! :)

Janis Lewis said...

He's such a cutie! Thank you for Linking Up at Pause Dream Enjoy.
Pause Dream Enjoy Page on Facebook

Lisa Norris said...

This is so cute! I love all of the fun patterns and textures you combined! Thank you so much for joining us for the PPPR Just for Kids Challenge. :)

Stacy said...

What a fun card! I love the papers he chose for the dinosaur. If you still need help with resizing or your cameo in general, you are welcome to drop me a line.