Monday, March 17, 2014

The Kraft Journal - #163 Tags

Happy Monday! I know it's St. Patrick's Day, but I don't have anything green to share today! :-)) As Mother Nature would have it, we are under a winter advisory and we have another snow day. It is beautiful though!


For this week's "tag " challenge at The Kraft Journal, I decided to use the "tag" part as an interactive piece on the front of the card. I started by adding patterned pieces to the front of the Kraft Brown Cover Weight Cardstock.   I then took a small glassine bag and stamped the front of it using a Teeny Heart Background stamp from DeNami Design in pink ink to create a pocket for the decorated Brown Kraft Hang Tag.  The Thankful for You sentiment is also from DeNami Design. 

For a decorative touch I added pieces of Notebook Grid decorative tape to the outside of the bag. I further embellished the stamped glassine bag by adding buttons laced with Pink Baker's Twine and die-cut felt flowers adding a custom fastener and a snippet of lace to the center. Lastly, I wrapped a length of Pink Baker's Twine to the top portion of the card. The Notebook Grid comes with a piece of twine, and I re-purposed it for my tag you see above. 

Please be sure to head over to the The Kraft Journal to check out the projects by the other talented ladies.  We hope to see your tag creations in the gallery this week for your chance to be featured on our "Feature me Friday" post as well as be entered to win a $15.00 gift voucher from The Kraft Outlet store.

I am going to share at: Just Be Creative - March Linky Party, Sunday {Fun}day - March Linky Party, D.L. Art - March Linky Challenge.

I posted this St. Patrick's Day card on Saturday, and Jill at Every Day is an Occasion featured that card on  her blog yesterday. You can see the feature here.  I am honored!

Have a wonderful week!
~Tammy~

9 comments:

jessica said...

Gorgeous card Tammy!!! LOVE the tag pocket and great papers!!!
Happy St. Patty's Day! Hope you have a GREAT Monday!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

totally love the vellum bag and tag!
awesome

Audrey Pettit said...

This is adorable, Tammy! I love your pretty tag! LOVE how you stamped on the glassine bag, too!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So beautiful!! LOVING that flower and buttons!!!!

Lisa said...

This is gorgeous, Tammy!! I love the design and the vellum bag!! You decorated this beautifully!! Awesome my friend!! Happy St. Patrick's Day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Lisa Elton said...

Swooning over that sweet little vellum bag! Layers of cuteness going on here Tammy! More snow for you ~ ugh.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous tag and card Tammy!! Happy St. Patricks Day!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the tag added to the card! Fab colors and layers and what a CLEVER way to add a tag!

DIANA L. said...

This is so pretty Tammy. I have htat flower die and it is one of my favorites. I love it.
Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes March Linky Party. Have a great day
DIANA L.
dianamlarson.blogspot.com