Monday, March 24, 2014

The Kraft Journal #164 - Color Challenge Hoppy Easter

Hi Friends!

Wow! Here we are at another start to a new week!

For this week's "Color Challenge" at The Kraft Journal, I saw the colors and thought spring which made me think of Easter. :-)))
I started by adding a distressed piece of green polka-dotted paper to a base of Brown Kraft Cover Weight cardstock. In one of my many scrap piles, I had a piece of patterned paper that had most of the colors in the inspiration photo you can find below.  I distressed the edges before adding it to my card front.  Next I added a length of Natural Burlap Ribbon to the front embellished with a button and a bow from Pink Baker's Twine
I created a tag using Buff Ivory Cardstock and stamped a sentiment from Paper Sweeties Jelly Bean Time in a ray pattern using multiple inks adding a die-cut easter egg adorned with pink hearts. I added Pink Baker's Twine to the top before anchoring it down with foam adhesive.  I felt this card needed a  little something else, so I took a length of Cameo Beige Bias Tape and created a fluffy bow embellished with a pink button and more Pink Baker's Twine.  Finishing touches include adding a small pennant made from Buff Ivory Cardstock and pink heart to the upper right corner.

Here is the color inspiration photo:

Please be sure to head over to the The Kraft Journal to check out the projects by the other talented ladies.  We hope to see your color challenge creations in the gallery this week for your chance to be featured on our "Feature me Friday" post as well as be entered to win a $15.00 gift voucher from The Kraft Outlet store.

I am sharing at: Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes, Just Be Creative - March Linky Party, Sunday {Fun}day - March Linky PartyD.L. Art - March Linky Challenge, Craftin' Dessert Divas - Brad, Buttons, Ribbon, or Twine, My Craft Spot - Anything Goes, Pause Dream Enjoy - Twine

Have a wonderful week!
~Tammy~

21 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Your pops of red with those SWEET green polka dots looks so pretty Tammy!! Once again a terrific card with lots of fun layers!

Audrey Pettit said...

Love all the detail on your fun card, Tammy! Pretty mix of trims and buttons and I love the little banner and heart. Your tag is adorable, too. Love how you stamped the sentiment with the rays of rainbow color. :)

jessica said...

What a GREAT card Tammy! Love your take on the color challenge and the papers, embellishments and overall design is just AWESOME!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So beautiful! LOVING those colors and the hearts!!!!!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

love all the details on the card!

Maria said...

What a fun card, Tammy! Great design and beautiful color!

Annette Allen said...

so cute and i love all the mixed patterns..

sandi said...

Wow! This is so pretty! <3!

Lisa said...

This is beautiful, Tammy!! I love the colors!! The design is fabulous!! And the burlap ribbon is so awesome!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Anonymous said...

What a nice bright card Tammy!

Unknown said...

Those two cute little hearts on the egg, as well as the buttons bow and DP make this one top notch card. Thank you for joining us this week at Word Art Wednesday. Blessings, Carole

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi, Tammy! You did such a great job working with this week's colors for the Color Challenge. Your card is so bright and fun, and I'm always delighted by your interpretation of the inspiration photos. Thanks for stopping by to share your lovely card in our challenge this week. It's always SUCH a treat to have you join us, and I thank you for it.
Blessings to you,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Benzi said...

Totally awesome. I love polka dots. Love your use of the bias tape and the pretty egg and buttons just sends this one over the top.

Kate said...

This is so pretty, Tammy! I love the fun, bright colour combination! It's perfect for Easter!

Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

Kate
Small Bits of Paper

Sherrie K. said...

Great take on the color challenge! Love all the fun colors, papers and embellishments! you always add so much fun texture to you creations and it looks fabulous!
Have a great evening!
Sherrie K

Sue Lelli said...

Love how you managed to get all of the colors on your card! The way you stamped your sentiment was genius! Love this Tammy!

Jackie C said...

Such a great link up! Thank you for sharing this with us.
Jackie dt @ Pause Dream Enjoy

Diane Jaquay said...

Well this is really a WOW card in my book, the attention to detail is amazing!

Got2BCrafting said...

What a fun card! I love the layout of it. :)

Thanks for joining us at the Craftin Desert Divas Linky Party!

Lori
http://got2bcrafting.blogspot.com/

Shelly said...

Such a great card!!! Pretty colors and gorgeous paper!!!

Have a fabulous weekend!!!
Shelly

Janis Lewis said...

I love this. I love everything about it. It's very uplifting. Thank you for Linking Up at Pause Dream Enjoy.
Pause Dream Enjoy Page on Facebook