Thursday, April 10, 2014

With Sympathy using Paper Smooches Sentiment Sampler

Hi!

I have a Sympathy card I needed for my son's teacher and family. Her father-in-law passed away this week. Pretty sad, and my son is super close to his teacher. So we wanted to make her a special card. 

On another note, I had a non-bloggy friend ask me about using Paper Smooches stamps in a non-cutsie and whimsical way, so I thought this might be a good example for her. 
In my case, I pulled an inspiration layout from the current Mojo Monday
I used With Sympathy from Paper Smooches Sentiment Sampler.  I die-cut a burlap heart from a scrap of burlap added a tulle flower, paper rose, and tucked in some white tulle from my stash to the left of the sentiment panel following the prompt of the sketch. 
I took a length of Aqua Mist seam binding and wrapped it around and tied in a bow and embellished with some Natural Hemp Cord and embellished with an Aqua Button. The papers are from My Mind's Eye Lost & Found Portobello Road.

Well, that about covers the basics.

As mentioned, inspiration was found at:

Paper Smooches Sparks - Anything Goes

Little Scrap Pieces - Show it Off Saturday, Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes, Really Reasonable Ribbon - Flowers, Buttons or Bows. Craft-Dee-BowZ- Anything Goes Handmade Bows, Craftin' Desert Divas - Anything Goes, Just B Crazy - April Linky Party, Jo's Scrap Shack - Anything Goes.
Thanks for visiting me! I always love it when you stop by my little place of creativity! 
~Tammy~

23 comments:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

this is so pretty! you rocked the sketch

Lisa Elton said...

Pretty PRETTY card Tammy and your take on the sketch is perfection!! Great job :)

Jessi Fogan said...

Absolutely beautiful, Tammy. I love all the different textures & the colours you chose - soft without being somber. SO pretty & I know it will be very much appreciated.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is beautiful! LOVING the colors!

jessica said...

This is gorgeous Tammy!!! From the colors, to the sketch to all those awesome embellishments!! Super job on this card!!!

Greta said...

Beautiful elements on this gorgeous card, Tammy!

Anonymous said...

So pretty and a great take on the pic!! :-)

Diane Jaquay said...

How thoughtful of your son to want to do this for his teacher! I love this card, Tammy, it's beautiful, and you did a great job of using a cute style of stamp in a more subtle way!

Tammy said...

This is gorgeous Tammy, I love all of the textures! Thanks for stopping by!
Hugs, Tammy

Lisa said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Tammy!! I love all of the texture!! The colors are so beautiful!! What a fabulous card!! Have a great evening :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Shelly said...

Tammy, this is gorgeous, I love these colors and all the embellishments!
Shelly

Jennifer said...

What a beautiful card for such a sad time. Love the mix of blues...

Darnell said...

Tammy, this is spectacular in every way!! Hugs, Darnell

Audrey Pettit said...

This is really beautiful, Tammy! Love the mixture of the rugged burlap with the soft tulle flower. So stunning. I'm sure your son's teacher will love this!

Unknown said...

I sensed such a softness and sincerity in this card. It is very appropriate and extremely lovely. Thank you for joining us this week and for posting your awesome art in our Word Art Wednesday challenge. Blessings, Carole

Donna Maligno said...

Tammy, what wonderful texture elements on this card! So glad you shared it on the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge for April.

Indy's Designs said...

Beautiful chromatic card! So glad you shared at Cupcake Inspirations!
Hugs, Debbie!

Nance said...

Tammy this is really gorgeous! I love that tulle flower! Thanks for sharing it at Cupcake Inspirations this week! Nance, DT

Maria said...

Beautiful card! Love all the color and wonderful texture! I'm sure your son's teacher will appreciate this thoughtful card!

Karen Letchworth said...

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU, Tammy for sharing your LOVELY sympathy card in our challenge this week. It's always such a delight to have you play along.
Hugs,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Erin said...

What a beautiful card! I love the texture and different elements you added... so pretty!

Thanks for joining us this week at Paper Smooches Sparks!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your son's teacher's loss. May the Lord comfort her with peace during this difficult time.

This is a beautiful card and perfect to share with your friend who asked that question! LOVE the colors and design:) THANKS so much for joining in the fun with the Paper Smooches Sparks challenge;)

Hope you play along with us this week for our Picture Perfect challenge <3

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful!