Monday, September 29, 2014

The Kraft Journal #191 - Buttons & Bows {Halloween Style}

Good Monday Morning!

I made a Halloween card for this weeks "Buttons and Bows" challenge at The Kraft Journal.  I began my card with a base made from Buff Ivory Cardstock.  I then took Halloween patterned paper (I've had in my stash forever) and joined them together and distressed the edges. 

I trimmed the panel of patterned paper smaller than the base and added to the card front.  Next I took a length of Vintage Winter White Hand Stained Bias Tape and wrapped it around the card and created a fussy bow embellished with a orange button laced with Orange Baker's Twine

I stamped the Boo sentiment from My Creative Time Fright Night Stamp Set to a vintage Halloween label and added to the center of the card. I then printed out some vintage Halloween images using Buff Ivory Cardstock. After trimming out the image I wanted, I placed it at an angle in the center of the label.   Finally I added three buttons to the right corner laced with Orange Baker's Twine for a final finishing touch.  

Click here to Shop The Kraft Outlet
Click here to like The Kraft Journal on Facebook
Click here to follow The Kraft Journal on Pinterest
 
Click here to like my Fan Page on Facebook
Please be sure to head over to the The Kraft Journal to check out the projects by the other talented ladies.  We hope to see your "Buttons and Bows" creations in the gallery this week for your chance to be featured on our "Feature me Friday" post as well as be entered to win a $15.00 gift voucher from The Kraft Outlet store.


I hope you have a super wonderful week!
~Tammy~

10 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Tammy this is so pretty!! I adore that sweet vintage image of the little cat and pumpkin. Fabulous layers and beautifully designed...as ALWAYS!!!

LeAnne said...

Love this little vintage Halloween image...cute as can be!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Gorgeous! LOVING the spiders!!!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

What a beautiful Halloween card! I LOVE the vintage feel to this! Such a sweet vintage image, and I love the paper pieced background. The buttons and bow and stamps are just adorable, too. And love the distressed edging!

Annette Allen said...

what an awesome Halloween card.. love that cute little image and the added buttons... so fun

jessica said...

Such a spooky COOL Halloween card Tammy!
LOVE it!!!

Lisa said...

This is so fun!! The image is adorable!! I love the bow and the buttons!! The papers are fabulous!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Anonymous said...

SO fun and oh so cute!!

VanessaB said...

Love the vintage image. Such a pretty Halloween card

Colleen Dietrich said...

So pretty, and has your signature shabby chic touches, Tammy! Love the crinkled ribbon.