Monday, July 13, 2015

Surfing by to say hi!

How are you on this summer day?

We have one of my favorite challenges at The Kraft Journal this week. Take Your Pick!  I love all things summer, so this was such a fun card to put together. I do miss the beach and living near it. I love nothing more than having my toes in the sand.
I used, Orange, Aqua, shell, sentiment, and Beach (vibe) from the list below. I started with a card base of Brown Kraft Cardstock onto which I layered a beachy nautical patterned paper. (K & Company) At the bottom of the paper, I added a scallop border made from Only Orange cardstock. A length of Vintage Winter White Bias Tape was wrapped around the card front and tied off in a fussy bow embellishing with an orange button laced with Orange Baker's Twine.  A shell stick pin was added for a further embellishing touch. I cut a stitched journaling card from Brown Kraft Cardstock to serve as mat for her die-cut images and sentiment. The stamp and die-set used here are from My Creative Time Surf's Up.
 Here is the Take Your Pick for this week's challenge.
 
Please be sure to head over to the The Kraft Journal to check out the projects by the other talented ladies.  We hope to see your Take Your Pick creations in the gallery this week for your chance to be featured on our "Feature me Friday" post as well as be entered to win a $15.00 gift voucher from The Kraft Outlet store.

 
Have a great week!
~Tammy~

9 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So fun! LOVING the surf boards and the ball!!!!

Nana said...

What a cute card. Love the images and the stitching.
Have a creative day.
Hugs Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

VanessaB said...

love the colors! such a cute, fun, summery card :)

Lisa said...

This is so awesome, Tammy!! I love the colors and the surfing theme!! What a perfect summer card this is!! Love it my friend!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Tenia Nelson said...

So COOL!!

Lisa Elton said...

So full of summer and happiness! Love the colors Tammy, this is absolutely delightful!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Fun and adorable! Love the colors you chose, and the die cut surfboards and beachball are of course, perfect together. :)
Reminds you of Hawaii, I'm sure!

Audrey Pettit said...

What a gorgeous, summery combination, Tammy! Love the papers you used and love your little die cuts! Gorgeous ribbon tie, too! Such a fun scene!

Irish Cherokee said...

What a great summer beach card Tammy. The colors are very summer as are the surf boards and the beach ball. Almost makes me want to go get wet. LOL.

Love, Hugs and Blessings
Jim