Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Nutty about You!!!

Hey there my crafty friends!

(Edit to note: this card was featured on Paper Issues Blog! Thank you I am so honored...well, I am now DOUBLY honored as this card was chosen for the Sparks challenge winner of the week.)

I have a post that is just about having a little crafty fun! I stole some time today to just have fun and be crafty and {gasp} ink up some stamps I had not used yet. I hate to admit it, but there is more in this category than I care to share, but if there were only more hours in the day. This was a purchase made with birthday money back in February! See what I am sayin'! 

So here we go!
I just think this acorn from Paper Smooches Falling for you is just too cute and when I saw the Cool Shades SPARKS challenge this week I couldn't resist using it as my inspiration.   As always, I used pieces and parts from my beloved scrap pile. 

I started with Lunch Bag Kraft card base leftover from another make and also used this to create my tag. I love this stuff! :-)  I paper pieced that cute little darling of an acorn and placed it on some fun patterned paper that coordinates with the card front.

A banner was created to decorate the top of this card and embellished with pearls. A length of brown satin ribbon was wrapped around the center of the card and tied off in a double bow decorated with a pretty resin flower. 

As mentioned, I gained some creative inspiration from the Cool Shades Sparks challenge at Paper Smooches. 
Here is the color story.
Also joining in at Paper Issues: Tag your it, and Pixie's Crafty Snippet Challenge: All created from snippets. If you create a card from scraps you should link up. 

Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday!
~Tammy~

23 comments:

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love your details.xxx

~amy~ said...

LOVE this...awesome mix of colors and layers! Thanks for linking up at Paper Issues!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Tammy your "crafty fun" is amazing! Love all those layers and super colors!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is ADORABLE! I loveeeeeeeeee the colors and that acorn is FAB!!!!!

Martha Herrera said...

Love the card! The tag and bow are just perfect next to each other... :)

Nancy said...

Such a sweet card, Tammy!...Nancy :o)

Katie Ann Brooks said...

great use of the colors, this is a very fun card!

Debbie said...

Super cute! Love the colors!

Lisa said...

This is so pretty, Tammy!! I love the colors you used and the banner!! So beautiful my friend!! Happy Wednesday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Karen B. said...

The acorn looks perfect in those color, so cute!

Mrs A. said...

Love that colour pallet. Hugs Mrs a.

Lori Barnett said...

awesome! perfect for the color challenge! LOVE that set!

Audrey Pettit said...

Too, too cute! Love that little paper pieced acorn so much! So fun the mix of colors and I love the touch of pink for fall. Love the banner with the pearls and love the double satin bow. SOOOOOOO beautiful!

Nina Yang said...

Hello Tammy, your card is featured on Paper Issues Blog today:) thank you for joining us! Happy crafting!

Maria said...

A sweet fall card with great mix of patterns and paper! Awesome tag...love it! Take care, hugs!

Di said...

Super card Tammy, I adore the colour combo and mix of papers. Brilliant! Di xx

Sarn said...

PERFECT! xxx

scrappymo! said...

Nice mix of snippets of patterned paper. Love the tag too!

Sandy said...

Well I can see that I am going to be nutty about you too - well done.
sandy

Amanda said...

Another fab creation and it showcases that the paper smooches are so versatile too. Hugs, Amanda x

Chris Dring said...

What a fabulous card! Love it!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

AMMMMMMAZING! I love those papers and that bow! BEAUTIFULLY done:) Fab take on the color story:) THANKS for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge!!

Jennifer said...

Tammy, congrats on your well-deserved win! This card is too stinkin' cute!! (wouldn't it be something if all acorns were dressed as finely as yours??) ;)