Monday, September 3, 2012

Some More Exciting News!!! The Kraft Journal 86 Shape It Up!

**This is my Second Post of the day...For my The Shabby Tea Room Guest Designer post click here or scroll down**

Hello Friends~
I can finally spill the beans on some news I have kept under my cap for awhile now! I am joining The Kraft Journal Design Team! Since I love all things Kraft this is a perfect match for me! I hope you will join along with me in the weekly challenges. 

So let's get started!
For today’s Shape It Up challenge, I thought I would create a "shape" card! I started this card by using an apple template with a Buff Ivory Cardstock base and pieced the apple, stem and leaf with patterned paper, adding  Lunch Bag Kraft cardstock to the upper portion of the apple. The Lunch Bag Kraft cardstock has been punched using Martha Stewart's drippy goo to resemble a Caramel Apple. I was totally inspired by a talented blog friend Martha. Click here to view!   

A distress tool for the cards edge was used and then I added some vintage ink to further complete the distress look. Next I stamped a whimsical sentiment “school days” by Unity to the upper left portion of the apple. For a finishing touch, I embellished the apple card with some red buttons and twine. 

Please be sure to visit The Kraft Journal Challenge Blog to check out all the beautiful work by my new teammates. I hope you will help me kick off my new adventure by participating in The Shape Up challenge! I can't wait to see what you create. The only requirements are to follow the challenge theme and use Kraft somewhere in your project or products from The Kraft Outlet.

I am also joining in at CAS-ual Fridays - Top of the Class. The Pink Elephant - Use Patterned Paper
Hugs,
~Tammy~

30 comments:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

a huge congrats!!! and this project is just way too cute!!

Unknown said...

I can't begin to express how excited we our to have you on our Design Team at The Kraft Journal Tammy, yay for us and this first project is a total winner... adorable!!!

Becky Garrison said...

Hi Tammy! Welcome to the team at The Kraft Journal! Love your card this week, and can't wait to see more from you! I only joined the team in August, so I am a newbie, too! Welcome! Becky

Sleepy Stamper said...

Such a cute card Tammy! Congrats on your new DT!

Anitra

Colleen Dietrich said...

Ooo, that's exciting! And a perfect fit, I might add. :) Congrats to you! LOve this sweet little apple. :)

Di said...

Totally brilliant Tammy!! Love it! Di xx

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Congrats on the DT!!! That is AWESOME!!!!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee the apple and loving the buttons!!!!

Lisa said...

Congratulations, Tammy!! And so deserved!! The apple is so adorable!! I love the added buttons!! Have a great week :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Martha Herrera said...

Congratulation, my sweet friend,
I'm so happy for you! Your project is super cute, I love it!
Who says the drippy go punch is only for Halloween, right? :)

Audrey Pettit said...

Yay! congratulations, Tammy!I know you are going to LOVE designing for The Kraft Outlet! I have to say that it was one of my most favorite teams ever! Such great projects, and Beth and Babette are just SO sweet! SO happy for you! Your apple card is uh-dorable!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Congratulations Tammy! Can't wait to see you get crafty with kraft!! Cute card!

VanessaB said...

congrats! what a cute cute apple!! :)

Unknown said...

Congratulations Tammy! I love this shape it up card and you are a terrific fit for this team. Good luck and have fun. :D

Jessi Fogan said...

WOOOHOO! So hard to keep crafty secrets, isn't it? Folks IRL just don't get the excitement :) So happy for you, Tammy!!
Love this ADORABLE apple, and how sweet are those twiney buttons? Love it :)

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Brilliant news Tammy I'm sure you will do them proud! Fab card for your first one hugs Susan x

Debbie said...

I'm tickled, my stampy friend, to be designing with you at The Kraft Journal ... one of the best teams around and such a FAB shop!!! Your apple card is simply adorable :)

Kara Lynne said...

Cute apple, Tammy! Congratulations to you and also The Kraft Journal for getting you!

Anonymous said...

Hello lovely lady! I am so happy for you and a huge congratulations! You so deserve it and so much more! You are such a super talented lady! Hugs, Joanna

Angie Tieman said...

Sooooo cute! Love that apple shape and the buttons with twine are darling!! Thanks for playing along with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

p.s. Congrats on making the Kraft Journal design team!! :)

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Congrats! Kraft makes a wonderful carmel - such a great idea with the "goo"!

Mary J said...

Yay, congrats, Tammy! I love their challenges so I'll be seeing your inspiration there every week!

Jocelyn Olson said...

Woo hoo! Congrats, girl! Your card is so sweet (pun intended--hee hee). The "caramel" punched from the craft is so clever.

Michele Gross said...

Absolutely adorable! Thanks so much for having a little fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Dana said...

YAY! Congrats Tammy! They are so lucky to have talent like you on their side:)
And this card is darling too! I'm so glad you joined us at CAS-ual Fridays this week:)

Sue Lelli said...

HUGE CONGRATS! LOVE the shape of the card and the paper and YES Kraft is the best! You rocked this one, Tammy!

Anita Rex said...

Yay congrats for the new team! They are so lucky to have you! I so love your krafty card today, perfect shaped card for this time of year!

Maria said...

Big congrats on joining the Kraft Outlet design team...how fun! Your card is so sweet and very pretty! Take care and have a wonderful weekend, hugs!

Sheri Gilson said...

Super cute!! Love the fun Apple shape!! Thanks so much for playing along with The Pink Elephant Challenge!!

Emily Keaton said...

Many warm congratulations to you, Tammy!! I know that you will be awesome on the Kraft Journal design team. Have fun, my friend!!

Tracy said...

Hi Tammy! Here's a warm welcome to the Kraft Journal team! It's a pleasure to have you crafting with us and I look forward to working with you. :-) Your card is just adorable. The apple shape and that fun plaid paper are cute as can be. Hugs!