Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Celebrate Your Day - 3rd Birthday Train Card

Hi Friends,

I needed a card for a very special little guy...he loves trains, planes, automobiles...pretty much anything that moves. It gave me the opportunity to pull out my train die I used often when my little short stack was living, thinking, and breathing trains. Lots of memories flooded back as I created this card. Made me smile!

Well, I know you aren't here for my walk down memory lane! :-)))

Here you go!
The dies are from Quickutz and I believe are retired. I was just thinking about putting these up for sale, but I am glad I still had them.  I first die-cut chipboard from an old cracker box, and then die-cut the cardstock and layered them for dimension and stability. 
I used a stitched label from My Creative Time as well as their stitched stars.   The sentiment is from Paper Sweeties So Sweet of You.  

Inspiration for this card was found at Seize the Birthday - Stitching, Just Be Creative - March Linky Party, Sunday {Fun}day - March Linky Party, D.L. Art - March Linky Challenge, The Shabby Tea Room - Anything Goes.

I hope you have a colorful Tuesday!
~Tammy~

13 comments:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

love that train
such a fun card

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sooooooo cute! LOVING that train!!!!

Mary Ann said...

Love your card,Sooooo cute,the train is awesome!!!!

Brenda Kraft said...

I love this card - especially the bright colors. What did you use to color the train?

Lisa said...

This is so absolutely adorable, Tammy!! The train is so cute!! The colors are awesome!! What a fun card!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Lisa Elton said...

I think there's a little boy who will be very happy with this CUTE card! Super duper card Tammy ;)

Sherrie K. said...

Tammy, this is so awesome! What a darling card for a little boy! I love the primary colors, the fun pattern papers and that train is beyond adorable! LOVE it!


I hope things have settled down a bit for you with the snow you got. We are in the middle of the snow storm as we speak..they said 8-10 inches:( Fingers crossed that they are wrong!
Have a great day!
Sherrie K

DIANA L. said...

Super cute Tammy I love the vehicles that you put on the card. Little boys are so like that. He will love it.
Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes March Linky Party. Have a great day
DIANA L.
dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Sharyn Polesel said...

Sweet card for a little boy! My grandson would love it! lol Great choice on the beautiful, bright colors too! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

jessica said...

This is gorgeous!!! OMG I LOVE this fun birthday card! The colors, the stars, the GREAT train!
This is over the top AWESOME!

Audrey Pettit said...

Uh-dorable! So fun and bright, and I know your little buddy must have loved this! Love all the detail on here, and that train is just fabulous. The primary color scheme is so perfect for a little guy. I know what you mean about memories...I can still remember when my boy was into trains...my word, we had Thomas stuff everywhere back in those days. :)

Joni Andaya said...

Aww...this is SO CUTE Tammy! Love the trains, so FuN :)

Macarena said...

Wow! I love every detail on your card. Amazing, fresh and so happy colorful.
Thank you for joining us at Seize the Birthday!
Hugs, Marzena DT