Monday, March 10, 2014

The Kraft Journal #162 Lucky Green

Hi!  

{If you are looking for my DeNami Designs Blog Hop Post click here}

It's Monday, and I am bringing you our newest challenge this week at The Kraft Journal, Lucky Green.    Using my Cameo, I cut a Pot of Gold treat holder from Black Board Stock Paper.  This is one of my first projects I worked on after I separated my shoulder. There are a few things I am not too happy with, but I had to let it go and not worry about it because it was actually tough to do some of the simplest things, like add adhesive, putting together a rosette and die-cutting....ouch etc. You just don't realize how much everything is connected.
 To jazz up the center of my treats, I die-cut a Scalloped Stitched Rosette from Green cardstock adding a scallop and stitched circle from Brown Kraft Cover Weight, and Black Board Stock Paper followed by a green die-cut shamrock that comes with the Pot of Gold file. I added a Good Luck sentiment to the center of the green shamrock embellishing with some Kraft color pearls.
 For the treats themselves, I filled a bag with gold Rolos which I tied the top in a bow from Black Twill Tape further embellishing with a triple bow of Dark Green Baker's Twine, buttons, and a Happy St. Patrick's sentiment stamped on a die-cut banner from Brown Kraft Cover Weight.
Please be sure to head over to the The Kraft Journal to check out the projects by the other talented ladies.  We hope to see your Lucky Green creations in the gallery this week for your chance to be featured on our "Feature me Friday" post as well as be entered to win a $15.00 gift voucher from The Kraft Outlet store.

I am going to share at: Just Be Creative - March Linky Party, Sunday {Fun}day - March Linky Party, Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes, Decorate To Celebrate - St. Patrick's Day, D.L. Art - March Linky Challenge.

Have a fabulous Monday!
~Tammy~

19 comments:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

these are sooo cute
great minds must think alike becuase i made these last month as well. they will be on thursdays post!

Lisa Elton said...

Sweet little pots of gold Tammy!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhh these are adorable!!!!!

scraphappenswithrhonda said...

super cute you should enter into challenge st pat day at decorate to celebrate. hugs

Unknown said...

Tammy,
I do know how much it can hurt even after is supposed to be healed. You have such great ideas and the rosette really makes a lovely embellishment. Thank you for sharing this wonderful art with us at Word Art Wednesday today. Blessings, Carole DT

Lisa said...

These are so adorable, Tammy!! I love the rosettes!! What awesome pot of gold treats!! Definitely do enter this at Decorate to Celebrate (http://decoratetocelebrate.blogspot.com/). I can't believe you could make them with a separated shoulder - they are fabulous!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Martha Herrera said...

I think your projects are super duper cute! and I hope you are feeling better, my friend.

Maria said...

Wonderful St. Pat's projects, Tammy! Your pots of gold are too CUTE! Keeping you in thought and prayer regarding your shoulder, hugs!

Sherrie K. said...

Tammy, your pot of gold is adorable! I love the little treat holders and they are dressed up so cute! The rosettes are beautiful and love the yummy rolo's! So fun! Wow, even with an injury-no stopping you...looks amazing! Don't over due it though...shoulder take a long time to heal. I had shoulder surgery 2 yrs ago and still aches now and then.
Hugs my friend,
Sherrie K

Annette Allen said...

so creative and SUPER CUTE

jessica said...

Awww...Tammy! These are so adorable!!! LOVING your fun St. Patty's Day projects!

Karen Letchworth said...

I loved this project when I first saw it on TKJ blog. I have this same die-cut and I struggle terribly with it. I can't get those buggers to stay together (round) no matter what I do. I've tried glue, staples, you name it. I must be doing something wrong! Anyway, yours is sure cute. Thanks for sharing.
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Benzi said...

Tammy, you are the most creative person. What a wonderful, fun project.

I hope you're getting better quickly. I certainly know what you mean about things being connected. Several years ago, I broke my leg, foot, and wrist. The worst was the wrist. I have said many times when your wrist won't turn (I had an external fixator) then you can't do anything. Nothing works with the hand.

DIANA L. said...

Your rosettes are simply beautiful I love the design perfect for St. Patrick's day decoration
Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes March Linky Party. Have a great day
DIANA L.
dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Stella said...

Healing takes so much time and I understand what you wrote about the fact that even the simplest things are rought to do... Take care..

I love your pots of gold; so lovely with the rosettes and the shamrock. A beautiful take on the challenge!
XX

Mollie said...

Super fun treat boxes! LOVE the rosettes and that your "gold" is delicious Rolo's!!! Take it easy on your shoulder, extra care now means less pain in the future :) Thanks so much for sharing with us over at Decorate to Celebrate!!!

Emily
Mollie's Motif

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, how beautiful, Tammy! I LOVE these! Such a FUN shape and so adorable with those rosettes! I'm sure it was NOT easy to make these with your shoulder, but my word, they are amazing!

Sleepy Stamper said...

Super cute presentation! How perfect to use gold Rolos for the "pot of gold" Yummy! I hope you continue to have a speedy recovery.
Hugs,
Anitra

Norma said...

WOW! these are awesome and great use of the rosette on the front!! Thank you for joining us over at Decorate to Celebrate!!
Hugs,
Norma